Weather was beautiful, racing was canceled, so I went on a photo shoot! DUW!

Killercanary

The car that set the bar.
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Altoona, PA
I was all set to go SCCA racing today, but I found out late last night that it was canceled. It turned out to be an absolutely beautiful day so I took the car out for an all day photo shoot since winter is right around the corner. I always take scenic pics with the car, but I wanted to try something different. Since Altoona is known for being a railroad town, I figured I'd try to capture some of that and some other new areas. Here's a number of pictures from areas of my town that I had never been to before today. Enjoy!

200978.jpg

200979.jpg

200980.jpg

200981.jpg

200982.jpg

200983.jpg

200984.jpg

200985.jpg

200986.jpg

The above pics are with my saleen tail lights. I'm still not sure how much I like them and their flat black color soI went home and put the stock ones back in and took a few more pics.

200988.jpg

200989.jpg

200991.jpg

200994.jpg

I also did a little photoshop with my hood. I had been wanting to try this for a while and never got around to it until today.

200999.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Looks awesome. Those are 17" Bogart street wheels right? How much do those run? Also SCCA racing is on a road course right? Or is it more like autocross? How do you get in to that sort of thing? It's something I would like to get into, but not sure how to.

Hey Paul, the car looks sweet as usual. Im just not so sure about those saleen tails. I think they would look better on oh maybe a certain Opal car that I know of.:shrug:

Paul, does your car ever see any sort of dirt? That thing's incredible as always!

OT: What did you ever end up doing with the removable hardtop? I don't recall seeing anything about it after that one thread you made.

Great pics Paul. It must be so nice to have played with the stang this year again, huh? I've always wanted to do that photoshop image too, but whenever I take pictures I forget to take that one. Good job on it.

BTW, I think I also know a guy who would pay some good money for those bezels. IIRC he has an Opal car, weird! lol

Paul the second picture you took is a work of art. I like it so much that I would even frame it and put it in my house! (if it were my own car lol). No kidding though, great shot ! and I am the LAST person that will put a pic of a car in my house!:nice:

and I am the LAST person that will put a pic of a car in my house!:nice:

Hell no! My wife said she would love a mustang themed living room, can you believe that? I love my wife.:rlaugh:

Paul, the car is awesome. I'll be completely up front with you, I really didn't like the old body kit your car had but this one gives it a whole new look and looks awesome. Great job. *saved to my pictures*:nice:

Thanks so much guys. I'm really happy to have the car back on the road again!

SublimeRT- Bogart doesn't make a street wheel so to speak. These are their Road Race 10's. Up front they are 17X8 and out back they are 17X10.5. The 17X10.5 with a 315-35-17 nitto drag radial weighs 46lbs, which is the same as what my 17X8 stock tri-bars weigh with a 245-45-17 tire! These wheels are a true 3 piece design, if I ever damage anything I can replace just certain parts. I actually replaced the rear outer ring of the wheel with one that had 1" less of back spacing because when I put coil-overs on up front the tire was hitting the coil-over spring. My wheels were originally a 17X9, but by changing the rear outer ring they are now 17X8. They are $$$ though. I know I had a good bit over $2,000 in just the wheels alone, and that was a number of years ago. I know they are a lot more expensive now. It made me sick to spend that kind of money, but I wanted something very different, and I saved for almost 3 years to get them. I got them from Steve at http://www.sjmmanufacturing.com Steve is one of the best guys I've ever dealt with and if you or anyone is ever looking for bogart wheels he is the only guy you need to call. As for the SCCA, I attend what's called a SoloII event. Its held at a local airport on its runways. I got into it because a number of friends do it. You can find events in your area by checking out the SCCA website and looking up your region. I can't remember the exact website for them right now, but I'm sure it'd be easy to find on google.

Rich- LOL! I know you want a set man and I'm constantly keeping an eye out for a set for you. I'll post up some better pics later of a rear shot with them. I still have mixed feelings on them. I think its the flat black look that I don't like. I'm seriously considering painting them body color as I think it'd give it a subtle, yet unique look. I will wait until I get my chrome moly roll bar installed and see how they look with it since it will more than likely be black.

Matt- It saw plenty of dirt that day. You should have seen some of the places I was trying to get to in order to get some pics with the trains! There's not many places that allow you to just drive a car right up next to the track for some reason. LOL! As for the hard top, i still have it. The plan was to get it painted when I had the hood and bumper painted, but when my body guy looked at it he informed me that the glass would have to be removed in order to paint it since there are stress cracks in the paint that go into the window seam and they can not be reached without removing the glass. I hope to have it done for next year.

SVT3183- If you like trains, you need to come to Altoona as that's about all we have here! We have the infamous horseshoe curve which is only about 6 miles from my house. Its a truly amazing site to see trains wrap around you in an approximately 270* circle on the side of a mountain. If you never heard of it do a search on it, its worth the time.

Charlie- As quickly as you have gotten into the 12's with your '05, I better step it up soon or you'll be beating me before spring! As for Carlisle, i REALLY think you should bring the car down this year. Ask Rich and Tom, Carlisle is a great show to attend.

Tom- I can not begin to tell you how good it feels to have the car back out. This summer didn't go as smooth as I had hoped it would with the car with all of the problems I had, but it didn't surprise me either as everything i do with this car I have to fight for it seems. I'm just glad I got it done 1 day before Carlisle this year so I could meet up with you, Tom, and Dan. Hopefully it will be in good enough condition so I can bring it up to Epping. Of coarse if I do, I'll have to put a lock on my tail lights so they don't come up missing. LOL!

Troy- Do you mean this black thing??? :)

200992.jpg

200993.jpg

Pokageek- Thanks man! I wish I could have gotten that building to completely fill the background of the pic, and I moved my car at least 3 times to try and do it but I couldn't get it any better than I did. I fought with my wife for years to have a wall of my own to display some pics of my car. She was reluctant, but I finally got a little wall space for myself! I'll have to take a picture of it later and post it up.

95Vert- Thanks! I too didn't like the old body kit. Well, I did when I was 19-20yrs old, but as I aged my taste changed dramatically. Back then my only choices for a body kit were: saleen, Wings West, ABC had little add on pieces for the front and back, or xenon. I wanted the saleen kit but it was too much money for me at the time and I didn't want it unless I could buy saleen wheels to go with it which I couldn't do either. So I ended up with the xenon kit as it was the most unique of the available body kits back then IMO.

Thanks for the response and info, Paul. I am going to start saving for some really nice wheels for the same reasons you did pretty much; uniqueness and weight. I really really like the Bolted RT RR Bogarts. It's pretty much between CCW Classics, Bogart RR RTs, and Fikse FM5s. I'll check out the SCCA stuff, too. Looks/sounds like a damn good time.