Mach 1 websites for mods...

harrisonfiveo

Dec 18, 2005
alright guys i'm itchin to add goodies to my new baby...i found mach1performance.com but they're kindof limited...yall know some good ones?
What exactly does the sct/diablo sport tuner do anyway??:shrug:
Forgive me i'm a transplant from the 5.0 following...:D

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats again on the new Mach1! :nice:
Goodies for the Mach1 are fun to get . . . :D places to get them are abundant.

Stangnets "partshopper.com" is one place to start.

Mustang Racing Technologies is good too http://mustangracing.com/ Scott Hoag who left Ford is the man there and he was the Director of Engineering for the Mach1's design and production.

Steeda has a lot of Mach1 stuff too.

Pick up a Muscle Mustang and Fast Ford or 5.0 magazine and you'll find lots of ads for places to get "goodies" for your Mach.

One thing about the Mach1, with the exception of the Engine, most of the aftermarket GT items will work for the Mach too.

Edit for reply about the tuners: The Tuners allow you change certain perameters on your Mach such as, turn off the Traction Control, adjust fan on/off settings, adjust speedo for gear changes, add or remove igintion timing and A/F ratio, change rev limiter, turn off 02's, turn off speed limiter plus more and if you have an automatic you can tweek shift points and firmness too. Both also add a little more for performance and although the Predator was here first the new SCT seems to be the wave. For a simple drop in tune if you have a 5-speed either is about the same but if you have an automatic then the SCT has some extras that the Predator doesn't.

Well i was looking at the c&l maf kit and a bigger throttlebody but i dont know if ill have to tune it with a diablosport/sct tuner??...I was also looking
at the mac prochamber bolt on exhaust but with only 13k miles my mods have to be easily removed in case i need to bring it in under warranty:rolleyes:...definitely want a pro 5.0 shifter

Personally, I'm not a big CAI fan, but a lot of people love them. A throttlebody won't net you any noticable power gain, less than 5HP. I believe on a stock Mach your best power mod would be a mid-pipe, whether catted or not. The stock 4 cats really hinder the power. :D A catback may help some but mostly they influence the sound. Or another mod that is worthy on any Stang is gears.

But since you want to keep the warrenty, here's what I suggest:

Don't waste your money on bigger MAFs and TBs. Just get a K&N drop-in or a normal CAI if you want 'better airflow'. If you can't do a mid-pipe because of the warranty don't. If you want a catback go for it (though this may or may not be a warranty voider), but don't expect much power from it, though your Mach will/should sound better. Gears are good, but then again this is up to you.

If you wouldn't care about warranty I'd recommend you mid-length Bassani headers + their X pipe and catback of your choice. With a tune this gets you a noticeable difference in power. And if you add gears to that, you'd love it. :nice:

Any suspension mods planned?

No suspension ideas yet...but i do have a brand new set of 03 cobra wheels and tires to put on....look good you think?? Im definitely going with the mid pipe atleast with out 2 of the cats...would i need the mil eliminators? and what gears yall run?:shrug:

harrisonfiveo said:
No suspension ideas yet...but i do have a brand new set of 03 cobra wheels and tires to put on....look good you think?? Im definitely going with the mid pipe atleast with out 2 of the cats...would i need the mil eliminators? and what gears yall run?:shrug:
If you get the Predator (I don't know for sure with the SCT) you can turn off the rear 02 sensors and there will not be a need for the mil-eliminators for an off-road mid-pipe. You will not need mil-eliminators at all if using a catted mi-pipe but you will need to get "extenders" to hook the harness back into the 02 sensors on the '04 Mach.

Yes most put 4.10's or higher number gears in for drag racing and street light to street light (the term is used as a figure of speech not to encourage street racing :D ) runs. I have had 3.73's, 4.30's and 4.56's in mine and I'll tell you if you are going to be a 1/4 addict then don't fear the gear and go with the 4.56's on the Mach. The 4.30's had some left going through the traps but the 4.56's were just right.

After several conversations with Scott Hoag and wanting more of a road racer for myself, I decided the 3.73's were the way to go. I can tell you that the 3.73's will give you the most "overall" use of the Mach's power band. With the stock 3.55's it would take forever to get to redline in 4th but with the 3.73's the car pulls strong all the way to red line in 4th. Disclaimer: these tests are not done on public highways and only in controled situations.

Most will also say don't waste time on the 3.73's but there is a nice difference in how the Mach performs, Scott would have put that gear in the Mach as standard but because of the CAFE requirements and Ford he settled for the 3.55's. An example is first gear overall ratio with the 3.55's is 11.93 to 1 and the 3.73's is 12.533 to 1, so you can see there is a substanstial benifit for launching still. In comparison though the 4.56's net an overall stump pulling 15.32 to 1 first gear ratio! :eek: