Weekend progress PIX engine build and mock-up....EFI

streetgrande69

Founding Member
Nov 2, 2002
Splendora, Tx
Well after a small glitch, I've got the motor together! I still need to check my push-rod length but thats no biggie. I had some valve to piston clearance issues but I got over that after I figured I wasn't on TDC when I installed the timing set. Yes I'm retarted as stated in my last post by someone else. After that everything went together real fast. I decided to go with a Miladon high volumn aluminum water pump, Ford racing small oval air cleaner.

Here are a few shots. I'll be droping this puppy in next weekend.....hopefully starting it up.
100_0803.jpg

100_0804.jpg

100_0802.jpg

100_0801.jpg

100_0800.jpg

100_0799.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Very nice! I'm liking the fuel injection setup and your choice of black braided hose. Very clean looking. Getting the engine in and started in 1 weekend sounds a little eager to me. But maybe that's just because my drivetrain project is taking me way too long! I will be firing mine this weekend as well if it kills me :nice:

Focker67 said:
did you get the full mass-flo setup or the smaller do it yourself kit?

Can't wait to know how it runs!
I did get the whole set-up. The only stuff i didn't get was the fuel system because I wanted to run as much hardline as possible with -an fittings and that wasn't offered.

Don't worry, I'll get you a video of how it runs when I'm done.
jcode68 said:
Getting the engine in and started in 1 weekend sounds a little eager to me.!

I think I'm doing pretty good sofar. I'm under a time crunch because i deploy for wastpac on the USS Boxer in September and have to have this car running before I go.
In the last month I've stripped, smoothed, primed and painted my engine bay......modifided my shock tower to clear my new mastercylinder that i also plumbed and installed....ran a new 3/8 & -6 an fuel system including mounting my pump, installed a new fuel tank, wired the car for EFI, and rebuild my 351w. So i think getting the old motor out and the new one in in a weekend and running is pretty feasible? i hope to at least have it sitting with all the connections made by monday. This is if everythig goes right. I may take monday to sit back and do some detailing.....wrapping the loom and double and tripple checking everything. Wish me luck:flag:

LUCAFU1 said:
where did you get the fuel rails? do you have a link/price?
These are part of the kit. I'm sure Chris over at Quality roadsters could spare a set if you asked nicely....her's the inovator in this set-up i'm running.

I had to have something different on the fittings so i went with Mr.Gasket shadow an fittings.....much better then the blue and red IMHO.
100_0804.jpg

Thanks for all the compliments guys! :nice:
I did up my distributor cap tonight....much better!
100_0811.jpg

Here is a shot of the roller rockers and heads...
100_0815.jpg

streetgrande69 said:
You should swing by someting and check out my ride....I'd love to see yours!

I don't live in San Diego, but I grew up in Chula Vista (way back when Bonita was the "sticks") and have family there. I'll PM you if I get down there with the '66 - taking the '06 this weekend.

66HertzClone said:
That is a familiar looking setup, keep up the good work. Throttle linkage and return springs will consume quite a bit of time.

597572_83_full.jpg

The new pix look great! I already have the throttle linkage all figured out. It was one on the first things I did. I was really worried about the TV cable for the AOD but it happened to be a pretty simple task......
100_0760.jpg

100_0761.jpg

Nice looking job. Makes me want to go back into mine and clean up the engine compartment( wiring) a little!
I must admit though, I sometimes wonder if I could have done a Windsor conversion faster than my Clev.
By the way, did you detail your fuel system?