Weiand Vs Edelbrock Intake.

Hey guys, going to be converting my 289 from a 2 bbl to 4 bbl in the near future. I'm undecided on which intake to use. Does anyone have any feedback on either a Weiand or Edelbrock intake? I'm going to install a Holley 4160 600 cfm. Feedback is greatly appreciated. TIA.

• Sponsors (?)

i have used both intakes, and i can tell you that application to application, they are very similar is performance. the qeiand action plus vs the edelbrock performer are nearly identical. the weiand stealth vs the performer rpm, the weiand stealth has a slightly wider rpm range, but not enough to make any real difference.

i say decide what rpm range you are building the engine for, and go with the intake you can get at the best price. as for the carb, i recommend the edelbrock carb as they flat out work great out of the box, and have more tuning range than the holley does. but again, you pays your money and you tales your choice. one other carb you might look at is the summit line of carbs. they are similar in design to the old autolite carbs, but use a lot of holley parts. the advantage over the holley is that they dont run fuel through a gasketed area like the holley does.

Having ported both, the Stealth has tapered runners, which (all else considered) flow a bit more than a runner with equal diameter. Port matching the Stealth is pretty easy. The RPM, on the other hand has some tapered and some non-tapered runners. Tapered runners can be opened up to fit the head port, but you should not open a non-tapered port (at least don't try to JUST port-match it). This is probably nuance and you can use either with good success. I mention the porting for those who would like to port match an intake to a larger head port, like an AFR head.