weight of a stock 1986-1993 ford mustang door

• Sponsors (?)

Well all i had to weigh them with was a bath scale, and obviously they're not going to sit on a scale very well, so i threw a pair of boots on the scale and sat the door on top of the boots...lol. It said 75lbs, and that's an '85 power lock/window door with door panel, but i'm gonna say it's probably closer to 100lbs on a more accurate scale.

well, thanks a million for trying to help me out, there is a guy selling a set of doors, 9 hours drive away from me, and i might try and get them shipped through a local shipping truck, so i kinda need to know the exact weight, i would say somewhere around 100 pounds too, if someone else knows or wants to try, id appreatite, it. thanks alot.

I don't know why the weight of the doors would change much from year to year, as far as 4 eye vs aero doors go. If two doors from '79-86 are both manual or both power they should weigh pretty much the same unless they added some material to them over the years for safety reasons.

dorrs with everything on them, minus the door panel are freaken heavy, I had to take out and replace my doors by myself one day an they are heavy.. i would say 130-40lbs

the doors are off of a 1988 mustang, and i want to put them on a 1985 mustang gt, the newer doors are the same as the 1985 doors right, also the doors are bare, except they have the key lock, glass and power window motor, thanks agian.

with everything still on them my toe begs to differ. door panel and all its an easy 150+

Not even close mang. A door panel weighs 2lbs max. Your fathers coupe doors weigh the same as my t-top doors which is about 85 lbs. I had the doors off my 85 coupe and they weigh as much as my t-top doors. Your vert doors are about the same as my t-top doors as well they feel heavy but they are just an awkward shape.. Im saying 100lbs max..

You guys are nuts. There's no 79-93 door that weighs anything close to 150lbs...geez i'm strong and all but damn they don't weigh that much, i can carry mine around one in each arm (by the window frame) just fine, and there's no way in hell i'm carrying around 150lbs in each hand. I don't think any of them weigh over 80-90lbs.

all you guys and your toes are wussies I am with 85_ss on this one. I can carry a vert door under each arm. I am 6'1 @175 there is no way that I would could carry 300lbs like that and not crap my pants. If they are 150lbs then I'm writing a thank you letter to my breakfast cereal company for the steroids they are obviously feeding me.

all you guys and your toes are wussies I am with 85_ss on this one. I can carry a vert door under each arm. I am 6'1 @175 there is no way that I would could carry 300lbs like that and not crap my pants. If they are 150lbs then I'm writing a thank you letter to my breakfast cereal company for the steroids they are obviously feeding me.

well no really i can carry it my self i dont cosider my self "buff" by any means but i dont think im weak either, id say a full option door, power everything with glass and all in there is over 100+ around 150 if i had to guess. remeber all that weight is disputed over a greater area making it seem lighter.

remeber all that weight is disputed over a greater area making it seem lighter.

If anything that will make akward and harder to carry. and yes my doors had everything on them when I took them off. still sticking with 100lbs max.
anyone out there have an honest quote yet?