Engine Weird Cooling Issue

New gauge installed...still not fixed. I don't get it. The gauge has been in that same location for years without a problem. Now this weird stuff. So I assume the gauge is reading correctly. How is the temp at the back of the intake 20-30 degrees lower than everywhere else?!?!

• Sponsors (?)

Not that it's going to fix anything, but I'd try the AM in the front driver's side location.If nothing else, that's the more accurate location and where you'll want the gauge connected.

The rear ports are kind of a deadhead, hence the increased temps. It's not unusual to see a 35* difference between the ports.

So I relocated the AM gauge to the stock gauge sender location. Working perfect! I am still curious as to why the intake is much cooler on the back side. Maybe an air pocket or something? It worked perfect in that rear location for years without a problem.

The rear port is slow to react since there is not good flow. The gauge might have been reading close enough before that it wasn't noticeable. As to what changed of late where there was more a difference..??

I'm glad you got it set-up to your liking. :nice:

The capillary sender is mounted in the stock gauge sender location. Its on the top of the intake manifold in the rear center. I checked to make sure the tubing isn't pinched and it seems ok. I have been unable to check with the touch test because it only drops while I'm driving. Soon as I stop and pull over it starts climbing right away back up to 180-195.

That's not the stock location.

Stock location is front drivers side.

Installing the sener at the rear of the intake gives readings that are slightly cooler than the front location

Edit:just saw you actually did move the sender