Weird Noise from underneath car.

rudeone707

May 17, 2003
Fairfield, Ca
Last night i replaced my hub assembly and started driving around. When i got to my friends house this weird noise started happening from under the car, it sounds like a cow bell going really fast, it also sounds like the noise that happens when you put a baseball card in the spokes of a bike when you were a little kid. It is RPM related and it doesnt happen all the time, when it does happen i can puch the clutch in and it will stop. What do you think it could be?

• Sponsors (?)

rudeone707 said:
Clutch only has about 2,000 miles on it. I put in the spec stage 2 back in september.

I would think that your throwout bearing is the problem. Can you remove the clutch dust cover and take a look at it? I can't remember if you can see it through the hub.

If you can, put a lot of grease on the throwout bearing where it touches the fingers of the pressure plate. That might fix your problem.

How does the clutch engage. How far do you have to lift the pedal from the floow for it to start to enagage?

When your old clutch was bad, did you drive it when it started going bad, or replace it immediately. Was is REALLY hard to push the pedal.

My clutch pedal was really hard to push. And I drove it like that for a couple weeks. That stretched my clutch cable slightly, causing late engagement. I could press the pedal at least 2 inches before the cable would even come under tension.
Scott