Weird noise in exhaust

singlecamdude

Apr 6, 2011
The car was working fine, i decided to change my tensioner because it was going bad, while doing that i decided to clean the engine. when all the work was done the car a weird noise after changing plugs nothing happen, also when driving the car it evens out more or less after 3k rpm i need major help heres a link to see the video YouTube - Supercharged mustang gt 96 weird sound HELP ME!!!!! the motor is fully built and its 18 lbs supercharged

• Sponsors (?)

18psi and no intercooler?

View attachment 192174

I agree with midnight: You've got raw fuel making it into the exhaust and combusting there. You might have water in the ignition coils, wires and/or connectors. What did you use to wash the engine?

Hard to tell from that vid but the engine doesn't sound very healthy either...

No intercooler never had any issues till now and the car has been running perfect for a long time and it's not ricer number but we do have freedom of speech so say what u want I just need help with the car

Use an automotive stethoscope (or equivalent) and make sure you hear all 8 injectors "ticking" at idle.

You might also want to do a compression test. You may have a burned exhaust valve.

Is the car running properly? You say it "evens out more or less after 3k rpm": Does it feel like it's running on 7 cylinders?

Car was fine, after washing the engine is when it started to feel like if it was maf related but it's not I'll check the injectors when I get home today. I can just unplug one at a time right?

No intercooler never had any issues till now and the car has been running perfect for a long time and it's not ricer number but we do have freedom of speech so say what u want I just need help with the car

I call it a ricer number because 18lbs of boost sounds cool and if you were making 18lbs of boost you would be in the low 700 hp range, which you are not(dyno sheet need to prove it)

A non-intercooled setup like you have, running "18lbs" of boost, would be a blow torch into your engine. Do you know how high your ITA's would be? At least in the low 300's if not more. Stock N/A temps are around 120, 18 atmospheres with no cooling would be insane.

Why lie on the internet when asking for help? Makes no sense to me.

Have you scanned the computer for any issues?

Am not talking about how much hp I have. am asking for help and am giving as much info about the car ok. I have no reason to prove anything to you, what is that show dyno sheet, who are you to ask me for that look when you come to Miami fl I'll show you and that's when I'll prove to you what it does.

Make sure you don't keep driving the car like this.

There is obviously gas getting into the exhaust and will destroy everything.

To simplify where to look, there is either no spark in a cylinder or a burnt/sticking valve.