Weird Noise

blackstallion89

Aug 18, 2007
Hey guys, Ive had great luck getting help here before and hopefully someone can again help me out. My car recently has been throwing me for a loop. Its been parked since the track closed last november till about a month ago. I replaced my worn out radiator for a new ford racing and began to get it out again. Now Im getting a weird vacume leak sound coming from around the intake area. Ive checked all the vacume lines and capped all the ones that were not used. I also removed the upper intake and checked the gasket. The noise only starts once the car warms up and you can only hear it at idle. Its also causing the idle to surge. And the worst part is when I shut the car off you can hear this crazy squeal for a second or two then it makes like a popping sound and just stops. It all comes from around the intake and sounds mostly like its coming from behind it. Whatever it is its allowing pressure to bleed from something when the engine is stopped like a gasket or vacume. Please help me figure this out..the car still runs fine (8.0 in the 1/8th) but is mostly annoying. Please help.

• Sponsors (?)

This is just a total wild guess, but maybe the pcv check valve or filter is clogged up? The filter is in the intake just below the pcv valve, and it's really hard to get to but they can get clogged up and cause problems.

Title edited. Please don't use symbols to bypass the language filter.

It definitely sounds like you have a vacuum leak somwhere. Pick up some carb cleaner and spray it sparingly around any vacuum hoses, ports, and between the upper and lower plenums, to see if it raises your idle any.