weird noise

94gt5.o

Dec 27, 2009
ferndale WA
first off my car is a 5spd with bbk equal lengths pypes x pipe flowmaster 40 dumps, CAI, smog and ac delete. my problem is that when im in second gear and smash on it all the way through 4th gear there is this noise that is very hard to describe its like a tool left in the engine bay and is rattleing around badly. And i made sure there was no tools in there lol.

The noise sounds like its coming from the right side of the motor, I'm almost positive there is no exhaust leak ive had them before and it sounds nothing like it. The noise only appears when I'm at WOT but if i go through the gears easily it wont make the noise:shrug: Any info would be great as im starting to get frustrated with this problem. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

first off my car is a 5spd with bbk equal lengths pypes x pipe flowmaster 40 dumps, CAI, smog and ac delete. my problem is that when im in second gear and smash on it all the way through 4th gear there is this noise that is very hard to describe its like a tool left in the engine bay and is rattleing around badly. And i made sure there was no tools in there lol.

The noise sounds like its coming from the right side of the motor, I'm almost positive there is no exhaust leak ive had them before and it sounds nothing like it. The noise only appears when I'm at WOT but if i go through the gears easily it wont make the noise:shrug: Any info would be great as im starting to get frustrated with this problem. Thanks

Engine knock? What is the timing set at? How many miles on the car? If it is engine knock keep your foot out of it until the cause is determined. Knock is caused by early detonation and can be very destructive to the engine.

Could be. there is only 80k on the newer motor and the timing is set at 14 degrees, I will be changing that tommarow and ever since its started ive kept my foot out of it. the noise starts around 3500 to 4000 rpms no lower. Thanks for the info.

Ok so i checked out my timing and it was way messed up it was acully way retarded. So i put the light on it and advanced to 12 degrees it now runs like a champ and no more noise:nice: But now when im driving and push in the clutch the rpms take awhile to drop back down anybody know what this might be:shrug: thanks