Weld draglites or pony rims?

nisreo

Jul 22, 2006
I can score a set of weld draglights for $200 with tires( rear) . 15 X 7 backspace is 4.5" tire:255/60/15 I can also get some skinnies for the front for another $100.

2 questions:
Will these rears fit a stock car?

Is it worth it to buy these? I really only wanted to spend a couple hundred on some ponys I found, but usually welds go for alot more money dont they? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

If the Welds are only 15x7, they aren't any wider than your stock wheel. What is the point in buying a drag wheel if you can't put a wider tire on it than what you can your stock wheels?

I wouldn't get a set of Drag wheels any skinnier than 8" in the back, even if it is a good deal. Just wait until you can score something better.

If the Welds are only 15x7, they aren't any wider than your stock wheel. What is the point in buying a drag wheel if you can't put a wider tire on it than what you can your stock wheels?

I wouldn't get a set of Drag wheels any skinnier than 8" in the back, even if it is a good deal. Just wait until you can score something better.

Well not to disagree but the welds are much lighter than any stock type rim, and the 7" is lighter than the 8" and a 255x60x15 et street radial will work great on the 7" rim and the most important thing is the price is right. JMO

You see many drag racing with ten holes on back for there slicks or ? and they are 7"

That's a very good deal and they should fit fine and look good too. You might have to lose the quad shocks and possible masage the fender lips a little, but I doubt it. Wider is not always better. A slightly taller tire can have as much or more contact patch than a wider one.