Well...1 year and 528rwhp later...my trans has finally let go

RacEoHolic330

I like to dress like a pretty girl
15 Year Member
Mar 4, 2003
Allentown, PA
I had it coming to me for a while. I'm surprise she lasted as long as she did. It started whining pretty loud last June after I installed my supercharger and it just kept getting worse everytime I drove the car. I was out driving this Sunday with my girlfriend on the highway. We were cruising at about 70 and out of nowhere I heard a loud pop and the car started vibrating like crazy. Soon I heard a bunch of clanking gears. I downshifted into 4th and the car drove okay. Only problem was that 4th was the only gear that worked. Every other gear, including reverse, was gone. I was 20 miles from my house. I turned around and headed home. I had to stop at 5 traffic lights and had to leave in 4th gear on every one. My clutch wasn't happy at all. I did eventually make it home though. Here is the carnage.

DSCN1820.jpg

DSCN1819.jpg

DSCN1817.jpg

I'm in the process of removing the engine as well. I'm going to replace the seals and make sure I haven't cracked the block yet :D. I'm also gonna clean up and paint the underside of the car, as well as weld up all the holes in the engine bay. I'll be ordering a modified TKO 500 from MMR so I won't have to worry about my damn tranny again. :)

Attachments

• DSCN1820.jpg
    DSCN1820.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCN1819.jpg
    DSCN1819.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCN1817.jpg
    DSCN1817.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Sponsors (?)

Haha, yea.. I'm running a good amount of boost. I don't beat on the car a lot though. In the past year, I've put about 4,000 miles on the car which is probably why the good ole T5 lasted as long as it did.

err. i know what u mean. ive got a 347 stroker in my truck with a 3 speed tranny mounted to it.........and its still column shift too. lol didnt wanna cut holes in the floor. it catches attention. gettin tired of having to find these trannys tho. when i was driving it everyday, i was busting one every 4-6 months lol

YOU DA MAN!!!

I'm just happy it didnt let go during our Carlisle expedition...that would have sucked...

does suck that you couldnt bring the car to our show on Sunday, but no worries, it will soon be the center of attention once again.

I've been waiting for a post like this one from you since before we got out of school hahah, well at least you didnt whack third out of yours like i did.........................three times. I feel your pain scott........

lol, you left out the funniest part of the story.

You were on the way to a meet, and I had been telling you that you only had a few weeks left on the transmission from the sound, which I had too and my trans later blew up as everyone knows, and I was bringing a peice of my old transmission to show you what was going to happen, then I hear you blew your transmission on the way up to the meet, I was laughing too hard yelling "I TOLD HIM!!!!" lol.

Anyways, yours looks worse than mine did, the gears look similar though.