Well i got a BS Ticket need advice

cool ill see what comes up, if the judge doesnt drop it in court ill see about a lawyer

on the other hadn im fairly confident if i go in my military uniform and look like an outstanding citizen it could get dropped

• Sponsors (?)

Plead "Not Guilty"... ask for a trial by jury. It's very expensive for the court to do so. They will hit you with the proscuting attorney to plea bargain. You can get "careless driving" at a minimum but I would go for "jack rabbit" start or "show of power" which are some lessor offenses. Maybe even just speeding.

Just don't go easily...

man those exhibition of speed and jack rabbit tickets and laws are total bs!!!!

i hate that, its really stupid. if your not speeding that should be all there is to it. all these family and other cars are comming out with more and more hp.......what the hell do they think that hp is for. its to get the damn car moving.:bang:

GDawg said:
Plead "Not Guilty"... ask for a trial by jury. It's very expensive for the court to do so. They will hit you with the proscuting attorney to plea bargain. You can get "careless driving" at a minimum but I would go for "jack rabbit" start or "show of power" which are some lessor offenses. Maybe even just speeding.

Just don't go easily...

I'd be careful asking for a jury trial.

DECATUR - Linda Hamilton wanted to get out of a $95 speeding ticket. Instead, she ended up with a two-day jail sentence and a year of probation.
Hamilton, 38, was ticketed last July for driving 62 mph in a 45-mph zone on Georgia Highway 124 in suburban Atlanta. She did not believe she was speeding and contested the ticket, demanding a jury trial.
When the jury found Hamilton guilty after a recent two-day trial, DeKalb County State Court Judge Denise Majette sentenced the Conyers woman to two days in jail, a year on probation, 80 hours of community service and a $1,200 fine.
Hamilton said Majette also delivered a blistering reprimand during sentencing, saying the court's time had been wasted.
The judge denied giving the woman a scolding. Majette said she explained "that a great deal of time and expense was devoted by everyone involved."
Hamilton, who said this was her first speeding ticket, represented herself during the trial. "Obviously, not very well," she said.
She and the police officer who wrote the ticket were the only witnesses in the trial, and the jury deliberated for about three hours, Hamilton said.
"She was informed before she went to trial of all risks and benefits of having counsel represent her, and she made a knowing, intelligent and voluntary waiver of her right to counsel," Majette said. "The jury found her guilty, and the court imposed a sentence within the parameters of a misdemeanor case."
Atlanta attorney Ronald Arenson, who is handling Hamilton's appeal, called the sentence a "little excessive."
"I don't think she should be punished for taking her constitutional rights," Arenson said. "Usually these cases are handled by a judge, but she chose a jury trial, and that's what they are punishing her for, for taking up the jury and the court's time."
Hamilton's appeal bond was set Tuesday at $10,000, which she paid in cash.
"I always tell my 10-year-old son that you should stand up for what you believe in," Hamilton said. "And I'm afraid that this does not set a good example of justice."

Most courts are on the "Good ole boy" system. Just bite the bullet and hire a lawyer. They have a way of just making the ticket dissapear most of the time. It will cost you less in the long run.

DO NOT PAY THAT TICKET!!!!!! Im 20, Ive had 4 tickets....and I have NOT ONE POINT ON MY LICENCE.

I live in South Florida, Im not sure how the courts are in other states, but when I get a ticket, I call 1800-citation, give them the ticket #, and pay them $90....and they make it like it never happend....no points, no high insurance....NOTHING....LOL :lol:

Solid

Solid104 said:
DO NOT PAY THAT TICKET!!!!!! Im 20, Ive had 4 tickets....and I have NOT ONE POINT ON MY LICENCE.

I live in South Florida, Im not sure how the courts are in other states, but when I get a ticket, I call 1800-citation, give them the ticket #, and pay them $90....and they make it like it never happend....no points, no high insurance....NOTHING....LOL :lol:

Solid

That is a FL attorney. I don't think he can help in other states

well i got a bs parking ticket last night at my university.:notnice: The ticket was for failure to properly display parking pass. I just forgot to have it up cause i just got back from my house and it was midnight so i forgot to put it back up. its only 25 dollars but still im gonna see if i can appeal it.

DropTopPony said:
i guess it depends on your local racing punishment...i've heard in some areas of Cali the fines are huge...like 5,000 dollars huge. I would definately try to bargain down to like a seat belt ticket or something.
yea dude you got off easy...i hate cali sometimes.

when i got pulled over for just driving along side my bro (in a 96 SS camaro) they tried to put me in jail for the night, impound my car, and fine me $3000+ for "speed contest" and "wreckless driving on a busy street" and jack my insurance up so high that i could never afford to drive for a few years...

and all your ticket says is "racing"!?!?! pfffffft fight it, you can probably benifit from it. good luck in court man.

I also recieved the racing on the roadway ticket and all I did was accelerate in my wifes car through 1st and put it in 5th, it's a Hyundai give me a break. My lawyer told me if you don't get a lawyer the courts will have there way with you. He had nothing to gain due to he was a friend of the family and repreasented me for free. I ended up getting a 5 mph over the speed limit ticket and no points, I think they call it adjudication withheld.

In Florida it is now a third or second degree felony. Your car is impounded and or crushed :notnice: , 6 months to a 1 year in jail. Florida does not play any games , my lawyer said the state is writing these tickets when they shouldn't be. the law states the two people have to be engaged in race to get this ticket. Did he give statue ###??????????????

Ram

well good news, im a lucky son of a bitch

apparently keeping my mouth shut and saying yes mam, sorry mam and theres no excuse mam really payed off because she wrote on her ticket after i got my copy unsafe speed and im getting to take a drivers safety course to get out of it! :) thanks dad