well I sold my stang this morning

1SIKSOL

Nov 13, 2010
hated to but winter was to hard to drive it. the door and trunk seals were bad the blower blew more cold then hot. and i got laid off about a mth back and had bills i had to pay and wants to make my sons frist christmas a good one for him . im waitin for him to come with the trailer to tow it home. sold it for 3600 which im happy about. and i picked a 91 eclipse 2.0 non turbo. with 138k and it mint so clean. and it has alot of work done to it. no gay body kit. just motor work. for 700 for a driver. might get another mustang with my income tax

• Sponsors (?)

That sucks, but bills and kids are more important.

About the eclipse, you need to be careful with those 2.0's, I had a 91 non turbo and with 135,000 it "crank walked" on me, then I bought a motor from a reputable junk yard with 110,000 and it crankwalked in about 10,000 miles. It's very common on those motors. Go to google and type in dsm 2.0 crankwalk.

It sucks you sold the car but atleast your son will have a good christmas and bills will get paid . Who know you'll probally find an even better mustang to pick up later . And like everyone else those DSM's have crank walk issues.

Well hopefully you can get into a better stang in the near future. Lets also hope you aren't going to be a proud member of the "jackstands racing team" with that DSM.

Welcome to the club. I've sold 2, a mint 93 GT and a CRAZY mint 87 5.0 LX, in times of family need. I hated it at the time, but you do what you have to do and it sounds like you've got your head on straight. You WILL have another in the driveway sooner than you think!:nice:

Sorry to hear, but sounds like you did it for all the right reasons. I recently had to part with my 2004 Comp. Orange Cobra for similar reasons: 1 of my daughters need braces and wanted to enroll in Ballet, and the other wanted to go into gymastics. The car just sat, so it was time to let it go. You will find another.

Xstanger, i woulda cried selling a comp. orange terminator :( but to the op, you got 3600 out of the car you said was falling apart? good deal i couldnt get 3500 out of my 85 347 around here cause money is so tight

Yeah, it was tough. The wife and my little girls were very upset, but I did it for all the right reasons. It was a head turning mf'r though, and miss seeing it in the garage.:(

Having a hard time finding a good/decent Fox for 5-6k.

Man, a long time ago I had a 1970 fastback I had to sell pay for college classes,(ugh!! I miss that one!!) I've sold a 64 1/2 289 coupe, A bad ass 79 with a 351w in it, an 84 GT and half a dozen Brand X 60's and 70's muscle cars that would be worth a mint if I would have kept em....But a man does what he has to do... and there's always the thrill of getting the next one when things get better! And it will, it always does.