well my **** is now in storage, now a long winter to think about spring

well i just got my **** running the way i want and now after my blower and h/c/i swap and now i got to park it cause the snow is starting to sprinkle, i miss living in florida where i can drive my **** all year long, only good thing is it gives me a break to clean it up nice get little things done but it sucks to see it sit in the garage, anyone else feel the same way?

• Sponsors (?)

So glad I live in Florida when I read all the winter storage threads. I like snow but when I have to put a bunch of clothes on to get the mail I'm done.

It is a good time to hide wires and clean up parts in the engine bay though.

No snow out here, and I'm still not driving my stang. I packed it out of the garage today so the cable guy could get in there and work. After finishing all the work to the house, I now have a truck in the shop for some work, and I'll be working 7 days a week.

Kurt

heh, screamin ... your location still says jax, fla.

where are you now?

not much snow here in DC, but jan and feb can get pretty dang cold. the fairlane will most likely stay in the garage, unless it is nice out. not enough room in there for another car, so the stang will be in the driveway ... i should probably cover it ...

maybe one day there will be room for 2 cars in there.

i parked mine last weekend. it is indeed a sad day. i was telling my wife on the drive up that the mustang is the only car we own that, at the moment at least, doesn't have issues and i have to park it. civic needed tires and still needs a new clutch. the buick needs the wheel bearing replaced for the 3rd time now.

i parked mine last weekend. it is indeed a sad day. i was telling my wife on the drive up that the mustang is the only car we own that, at the moment at least, doesn't have issues and i have to park it. civic needed tires and still needs a new clutch. the buick needs the wheel bearing replaced for the 3rd time now.

If it's the same wheel bearing, then I would be suspicious of someone using a Chinese bearing. Maybe shop around for a better quality one.

On an upnote, I think I finally got rid of the Mercedes that has been dripping oil in various parts of my yard. I traded that mow around for 5 trailer tires, and 2 Mustang tires.

Kurt

i had the first one replaced under warranty after 3 months. the second one went 5 months later. so i then got a different brand which was on there for maybe 6 months before it started going out. i'm going to get a genuine buick one this time and hope that it will last.

heh, screamin ... your location still says jax, fla.

where are you now?

not much snow here in DC, but jan and feb can get pretty dang cold. the fairlane will most likely stay in the garage, unless it is nice out. not enough room in there for another car, so the stang will be in the driveway ... i should probably cover it ...

maybe one day there will be room for 2 cars in there.

fixed....... it looks like i might get a couple more decent days, but once the salt is layed down it will not see the road again until spring

wow, in southern ohio, i would not have guessed that you would get enough snow and ice to keep the roads salted that much

. i guess its not totally bad here , im hoping not, i dont mind driving it in the cold cause the heat works great, outside of no traction with cold ass roads its fine, but once that first bad snow comes they will salt and then that **** gets messy and just dosnt go away until its warm enough to rain, i guess last year it was the worst winter ever with a avg of 9 inches of snow dec,jan,feb. so yea thats deff enough to keep her parked

what do you guys do to winterize your vehicles? Mine will also be hibernating in the garage this winter.

i will start mine up and let run at least once a week, but if its going to sit best thing to do is pull all the plugs and spray in some wd40 in all of the holes then put the plugs back in, same thing in throttle body open butterflys and spray in a decent amount. then i throw in some heet in the tank and dissconnect the battery. then when its time to refire it up it will clean up and burn that **** up real quick and you will be on your way

i don't do anything and have never had a problem. i try to start it up maybe once a month but sometimes not even that. i put a battery tender on it and that's it.

I'm still driving mine right now and its a drop top!!!!
I live in Michigan and we definately get hella snow & salt up here.
But I'm rolling my car until the last minute.
Then I'll pull my 4x4 out for vicious winter.
Jack Frost is on his way up here for sure.
I'll be ready for spring. Got some super upgrades planned.

my fairlane sat in the driveway for like 3 years with a 1/2 tank, and i didn't do anything to it. after re-charging the battery, it started right up.

it had other issues from sitting so long (the carb was dumping fuel from a sticking fuel bowl cut-off valve), but that is not a worry for you efi guys.

my fairlane sat in the driveway for like 3 years with a 1/2 tank, and i didn't do anything to it. after re-charging the battery, it started right up.

it had other issues from sitting so long (the carb was dumping fuel from a sticking fuel bowl cut-off valve), but that is not a worry for you efi guys.

My 66 Mustang sat in the garage for over 5 years (granted not in the cold). She cranked up like I had only let her sit for 5 minutes. I was worried I was going to have to get starting fluid and have stuck internals.