well since ill be buying a new block . what yrs would my 88 gt heads fit on?

• Sponsors (?)

I posted on your other thread, that the casting # you need for a rolller block is E7TE. There's also a couple others that escape me at the moment. I believe one was E6SE. There's also a later 90's casting too. They're all roller blocks w/1 piece seals

im pretty sure the 90's blocks are f castings instead of e. and in all actuallity the heads will fit any 302 block and the guts to. just with the guts u have to have the right balancer and flywheel to match the guts. for instance i run 65 k code heads on my e7 short block.

Lswhat said:
im pretty sure the 90's blocks are f castings instead of e. and in all actuallity the heads will fit any 302 block and the guts to. just with the guts u have to have the right balancer and flywheel to match the guts. for instance i run 65 k code heads on my e7 short block.
As for the "guts". you can put a roller cam in a non-roller block ( as I posted on his other thread about this subject) but doing so is expensive. And also you can use a 1 piece seal crank in a 2 piece block and vice-versa, but again doing so takes the right preparations. Much easier to just get the right block to start with, there's plenty of them out there. :nice: