well there goes my summer...screwed up my knee.

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Two years ago i had surgery for a torn miniscus on my right knee...

well, i think i did it again on my left. I was playing basketball, came off a rebound and felt something pop in my knee. It felt funny but i kept playing. Next day my knee swelled up like a balloon but with no pain. That was a week ago. It's still the same and the identical symptoms i had with my right knee. :(

Gotta go see the dr...but i have some people coming to look at my car this week. I wanna sell the car first seeing as it's painful to drive it with my clutch leg messed up!

So...i'm pretty sure i'll need surgery...dammit :( At least it's routine for me now

• Sponsors (?)

it's almost like perfect timing. I screw up knee...3 people want to look at car. It's like karma allowing me to drive it as long as possible. :)

I can still drive...but getting in and out of the car is a PITA. I look like an old man swinging both legs out and using the seat to push myself up

Ibuprofin to controll the swelling, physical therapy to maybe avoid surgery.

If not MRI, then surgery, physical therapy, and a few weeks off from work with the wifey waiting on you hand and foot in bed. :D

P.S. Sava all your pain killers and sell them to Laser for top dollar! :D

Ibuprofin to controll the swelling, physical therapy to maybe avoid surgery.

If not MRI, then surgery, physical therapy, and a few weeks off from work with the wifey waiting on you hand and foot in bed. :D

P.S. Sava all your pain killers and sell them to Laser for top dollar! :D

I've been icing and pooping ibuprofin since wed. No difference at all. If i rest it goes down and i have better movement, but minute i start walking it swells up. If i twist to my left, i get a sharp pop and slight pain.

Basically the same identical crap i went through 2 years ago on my other knee. :(

:(

Had a similar problem with my left knee in high school (football). Twisted, loud pop, swollen for weeks.

Went to the doc, put me on cruches till the swelling reduced. That took two weeks. After the MRI, he determined I had a serverely strained ACL, not torn.

Had physical therapy for 6 weeks. Actually, after the therapy, my knee never felt better.

Sorry to hear that, but don't assume the worst until you have the MRI. It could be a number of things.

I was positive I tore my ACL based on the constant pain and swelling. MRI told a different story. Try and stay positive until you see the doctor.

That's just it. I have zero pain. I can sit there and poke my fingers around all I want and nothing. I get a slight sting if i twist to the left but that's about it. It didn't hurt when it happened, doesn't hurt now...just swollen up and i can't bend past a certain point. I can put weight on it and even jog slightly and no pain at all.

But you are right, i won't know until i go see the dr..which should be in the next few days.

I actually woke up with some slight improvement today. So we'll see how it goes. I got a little more range and mobility back, but unsure if it was from crashing ont he couch all day yesterday with ice and anti-inflammatory drugs.

Sorry to hear that. Take it easy on that thing. When I screwed up my knee, I got some Ibrophen 800's. I took 3 pills a day as the doctor said, and after the first day the swelling was down and the pain almost gone.

I actually woke up with some slight improvement today. So we'll see how it goes. I got a little more range and mobility back, but unsure if it was from crashing ont he couch all day yesterday with ice and anti-inflammatory drugs.

It was da drugs!

000345_11.jpg

Actually mines twisted and popped a few more times since then. I probably should have gone back to the doctor but didn't. It's probably completely torn now. In day to day life, it doesn't bother me at all. Pops sometimes if I twist it.

I just avoid football and basketball (27 now anyway). Only thing that matters to me is still playing golf.

Hope the doctor gives you good news.

Sounds like you need to drop the contact sports! :D

Never!! I have too much invested in my paintball gear to give it up!

I've been walking on it all day and it's holding up nice. Still swollen and tough to bend, but walking on it hasn't made it worse. I'm gonna give it a few days before going to the DR.