well we recieved adoptive papers for the kids....

• Sponsors (?)

i've been reading your posts for awhile now and I gotta give it up to you for taking those kids in. I just wanted to say that I know its hard on you to take care of all of them. Also how you think the oldest one is too messed up already. Unfortunately this is probably true but if you don't adopt him he'll get even worse and will never be able to recover. Atleast if you gave him a stable environment he would have a chance at a normal life. We all know how hard the foster system is on kids. I'm sure you've thought of all of this but just thought i'd throw it out there. either way best of luck with your decision and your new family.

I was thinking the same thing about the oldest one. Maybe a camp will take care of the problems he is facing. For example, there is a youth boot camp in my town that does this called "About Face". You may have seen the guy on TV .... he used to be on Jenny Jones alot. Here is their site ... www.aboutfacebootcamp.com

I don't know the severity of the situation, but personally, I don't think it matters. At that age, he can make a turn for the better. Once again, mad props to you man for being such a kind & caring person.

actually...my wife and i sat down and talked about it....we think that the oldest is only acting the way he is recently is because he knows that its getting close for his father to loose his rights and i don't think he's ready for that(but who would be ready to loose both parents at 7)....and it didn't start being like this until around the time school started and that was when talk of adopting them came around and their ****** of a father would rather deal with drugs then deal with his responsibility...and don't worry...we're planning on adopting all 3, yes all 3....but thats why i keep my head shaved...so i don't pull my hair out....:nice:

MI95Cobra said:
actually...my wife and i sat down and talked about it....we think that the oldest is only acting the way he is recently is because he knows that its getting close for his father to loose his rights and i don't think he's ready for that(but who would be ready to loose both parents at 7)....and it didn't start being like this until around the time school started and that was when talk of adopting them came around and their ****** of a father would rather deal with drugs then deal with his responsibility...and don't worry...we're planning on adopting all 3, yes all 3....but thats why i keep my head shaved...so i don't pull my hair out....:nice:

Said it before I couldn't do what you are doing. Its good someone is giving those kids a chance. I usually don't give out opinions on what I think of people but you are a good person. If I ever meet you in person beer, water, pop or whatever is on me. :nice: