Went out to the track tonight got some decent times!

KBExperience

Jun 21, 2009
Houston
Tonight, Mark (Winters98GT), Maddox(d98gt), and myself went out to Houston Motorsports Park and made a few passes. I aquired a BBK plenum and 75mm TB from Maddox when he got there, so we slapped it on and got down to it!

My best in the 1/8th was

.6556 Reaction
2.0645 60ft
5.8823 330ft
8.9850 1/8 Mile
79.02 mph

:flag:

Just some random pics of us waiting in the staging lanes

DSC04031.jpg

DSC04032.jpg

DSC04033.jpg

Here's some pics of Mark and Maddox running, no video unfortunately, my SLR doesn't take vids

View attachment 221633
View attachment 221634
View attachment 221635
View attachment 221636

:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

haha, GO MARK!!!!!

:nonono: I redlighted by .1. It's now 3-1. We both have major hp/weight/ wheel and tire changes coming to both cars.

Great job Kyle! You kind of got thrown in to the mix with mostly 8-10 second(1/4) cars and a large crowd:nice:

Had a blast, as always with the forum members. No other board members from corvette forum, corral, ls1tech that I noticed. :notnice: at the bullitt owner talking crap and running 9.2's with all those mods.

Ooooodeeee. Mark red lighted. jkjk. I kid. Looks like y'all had a great time. What did Mark and Maddox run?

And your times are more or less identical to what I ran when I was bolt on/PI cams and intake. But I'm sure I had a lot better DA. That 1/8 trap and time will be borderline 13s. Not bad at all for a mild bolt on auto PI GT in Texas air.

:nice::nice:

I ran 2-7.82's with 1.78 & 1.79 short times. The other pass I missed the launch. My front wheels were the heavy chrome wheels, not my stock wheels that I usually run. I picked up a set of GTO spares this week for the front to knock off another .2, but when we tried to put them on at the track, they did not fit.

I picked my car up yesterday and I'm on my 3rd rear end. I could have easily cut a 1.6-low 1.7 and run 7.6's, but I can not afford to break the car right now, since it has been down more than 3 of the last 6 months.

Mark redlights about every time he races me even though his car is much faster and he'd run me down hard. I was on 28x10.50 which is just way overkill for the stock gears; however I hope that the 4.10s and a 125 shot changes that on the next outing. I need to purchase a spacer to slap the skinnies on since the 18s weigh just shy of a full-sized human being as Kyle found out while having one in his car :rlaugh:

The car is just too much of a slouch with the stock 3.31s and the tires as I lost over 4 mph in the 1/8th compared to street tires. I won't run on them until they are needed but they were free so I won't complain anymore :nice: I lost fair and square--It is obvious that the Z06 is a much faster/lighter car. I do believe my time slip says Winner on it though. I will request that it say "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner" on the next slip.

Also--I am just about braindead. I first tried a burnout with slicks with traction control on. My second mistake was I switched bottles and engaged the kit when running...nitrous solenoid was clicking and the car just bogged..I forgot to open the valve so I dumped tons of fuel but no nitrous :rlaugh:

Mark redlights about every time he races me

Nah, just 2 out of 4 passes. :rlaugh: I can't 10&2 and GO. I got a lot of crap I'm dealing with on my launch with my crappy clutch setup.

Also--I am just about braindead. I first tried a burnout with slicks with traction control on. My second mistake was I switched bottles and engaged the kit when running...nitrous solenoid was clicking and the car just bogged..I forgot to open the valve so I dumped tons of fuel but no nitrous

:rlaugh: Can't help you there! Red Bull? I did that once at HMP, won't ever happen again.

It's really going to be a R/T race. Our DA's are going to get up there. I've got a rematch with a 1000hp GT500(my buddy Mark), running full street trim on 18 inch tires(305/35:rlaugh: yeah, 305/35/18 and 1000hp). He is trapping 130-134mph, having to get out of it a few times during the run. He hasn't made that 10 second pass. So maybe my car with a new cam can give him a good low mid 11 second run. We are set up for the 21st. Round up any troops you have and let's all go to battle at HRP.

I should also mention that I had Maddox's HEAVY ass stock 18-19 inch rim with tire in my trunk, so that have might slowed me down a little too

:rolleyes:

:lol: He sandbagged you.

That 60ft came along though. It will get there. I'd put a stall and a set of nitto's on some spare rims. I think you can get in to the 8.4-8.5x with just those 2 mods and good air. Let me know if interested, and I can call a few used wheel guys I know here in town.

BTW, you really need to put a TA on that car, unless you have custom tuned it. I know nothing about hand held tuners, and prefer the dyno tuners to do that, but I have made about 20-30 passes just playing with a timing adjuster on my 2v's. It is worth a solid .1-.2. You will really feel it in the low end, and the great thing is, it takes 1 minute to put it back to stock to run regular unleaded.

It was only pilled for a 75 on the first run ;) It's on a healthier setup right now and on street tires. I might try to find some 17 inch rims to put some radials or something similar on. These 18s are expensive to put good rubber on and the rims are so heavy.

I might install the gears tomorrow if Tommie Vaughn has a bearing kit in stock

It was only pilled for a 75 on the first run ;) It's on a healthier setup right now and on street tires. I might try to find some 17 inch rims to put some radials or something similar on. These 18s are expensive to put good rubber on and the rims are so heavy.

I might install the gears tomorrow if Tommie Vaughn has a bearing kit in stock

I've got a set of 17 inch MT ET streets(27x11.50/17) if you want them. I'm going to finish out the spring on the stock wheels and 18's. I won't be racing in the summer with the amount of work I have. If you want them, come by the house tomorrow or Wed and pick them up.