Went racing again

parthos

Founding Member
Sep 21, 2000
Bismarck ND
Well, I guess I may have gotten some respect for our IIs, cause I had a bunch of people asking me questions in the pits. I ran in Motor Magic in Minot ND. Best time was 7.39 in the 1/8th with a 1.59 60 foot. I got this pic off a guys website, gonna buy this in a poster size... http://angellnet.com/DAP/racing/2Sep06Disc1/pages/DSCF0074.htm I could have gone faster, but for some reason, they want 7.5 seconds as the cut off for a rollcage, and I don't have one. So the solution was to keep spacing my throttle so it won't open all the way and I brought my times up to low 7.5s and kept everyone happy.

• Sponsors (?)

The marker lights are just covered with window tint... That's gotta come off. As for engine and trans, it's a 302, 165 afr heads, victor intake, crower cam. Trans is a C4 auto, with and Edge torque converter. Really no suspention magic either, South Side machine lift bars in the back, stock V8 springs on all 4 corners, the front has camaro 90/10 shocks, 4.11 gears in the rear with a powertrax locker. Gonna hit the local dyno, the engine has more in it for sure, gonna try to get to a test n tune and see if I can hit 6.90s on the engine. Havent ran the spray yet on this engine. Had a ton of people ask me about it, seems that more and more people are building IIs around my area.

Funny thing about the luggage rack... the track announcers kept talking about my car when I would stage... they were giving me crap about the luggage rack, but heck everyone does.... Oh and hubcaps too. To prep for racing the only thing I do is take the hubcaps off, rear tires are DOT legal, dang do I get crap about having hubcaps.