Went to the track last night and ran a new best!!!

It was hot and humid and I had half a tank. Didnt even plan on going to the track until my freind called and wanted to see if i wanted to go with him. I told him i didnt feel like racing but when he got to my house and i figured i might as well pay 5 bucks extra to race. After my third run it rained so i get a free entry next time so it all worked out. Heres the slip.

R/t..... .564
60'...... 1.942
330..... 5.728
1/8......8.893
mph.....78.43
1/4......13.872!!!
mph.....99.44

A 2000 camaro ss owner was talking to me and asked what my car ran and i told him low 14's with a best of 13.999. He thought i was lieing and said that my car was at best a 14.5 second car. I didnt want to hand him my slip for the 14.000 i ran before cause that had a pretty bad 60' so i wanted to make sure i had the best time possible to prove that stangs arent slow. The face that guy had when he saw my slip was priceless. Oh and i weighed my car and it came in @ 3200 w/o me and i weigh 155. I had 17 psi in the nittos but i dont remember my shift points so dont ask. Probably around 5800 then 5700 and then 5500 with a launch at 4k. Vib, if you read this if you could update the 1/4 mile times sticky that would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

Nice times
hey BlueOvalStangGT , one big question for you , when you installed Cobra intake did you fell big lose low end torque , when i installed mine I fell low end torque is gonne , car is slow on low rpms ,but when I reach 3500rpms car goes faster ,and I port my intake ( gasket matched )

nice man.

what is your next mod?

how are you leaving on thos nittos? that 60 could come down in the low 1.8s
my magical PSI on nittos was 14 psi, a smoky burnout and popping the clutch at 4k-4500 and giving it all the throttle before it bogged and fell on its face

Seth5.0 said:
Nice times
hey BlueOvalStangGT , one big question for you , when you installed Cobra intake did you fell big lose low end torque , when i installed mine I fell low end torque is gonne , car is slow on low rpms ,but when I reach 3500rpms car goes faster ,and I port my intake ( gasket matched )

BlueOvalStangGT ?????

SuperDust22 said:
Seth5.0 I will answer you. I think I lost some low in end torque. But at around 3200-3500 I can really feel the hp.

Let me get this right , low end torque is what ,
When I drive my car like in 2nd around 1800rpms and hit gas pedal car moves slow to 2700 rpms , than something kick in and thats low end torque I think, but the best push from a roll I got around 3500-4000rpms , there is my top torque I think
Before I installed damn Cobra intake , I could hive gas like from a 1800rpms and move quickly but not any more :bang:

seth5.0, when i put that manifold on i lost a little torque in the low rpms ( i mean low like less then 2300) but i more then made up for it up top.

95snoozer, I had 17 psi in the nittos and i launched at 5k and they stuck pretty good. next mod is sitting in my room until i find out how to install it and get a few missing parts. good bye n/a im going with an s-trim!

smokediver27, my local track is Moroso and it take 20 min to get there from my house.

Seth5.0 said:
Let me get this right , low end torque is what ,
When I drive my car like in 2nd around 1800rpms and hit gas pedal car moves slow to 2700 rpms , than something kick in and thats low end torque I think, but the best push from a roll I got around 3500-4000rpms , there is my top torque I think
Before I installed damn Cobra intake , I could hive gas like from a 1800rpms and move quickly but not any more :bang:

Seth...what you lost is the low end TQ....thats why it doesn't come around til 2700 or so....you gained top end...you still running stock heads and cam?? right?? The intake is putting more air in then your heads can put out so to say....