Went to the track last night

Well, I guess I need some practice but it was my first attempt with this car. The quickest I went was a 9.11 in the 1/8th at 77 mph. My 60 ft. is the culprit. But wait...the best part about last night was Blastin' a GTO and an LS1 Z28. The GTO was running 9.50's.:owned:

• Sponsors (?)

went to the local 1/8 this past friday. most S197 were running high 8s, low 9s.

there was a local SRT4 guy (i used to work with him) at the track. he would run his mouth about beating my S197 GT, and he would even give me a head start. well he was running 9.50s :rlaugh:

track conditions and practice will help you out tremendously. keep at it, its addicting!

bigcat said:
went to the local 1/8 this past friday. most S197 were running high 8s, low 9s.

there was a local SRT4 guy (i used to work with him) at the track. he would run his mouth about beating my S197 GT, and he would even give me a head start. well he was running 9.50s :rlaugh:

track conditions and practice will help you out tremendously. keep at it, its addicting!
I know about the addictive part. I used to take my bike every weekend.

Anticipation and nerves kill the first few times you line up @ the tree. Once the nerves settle then the Stang will hold its own and your reaction time will settle.

Enjoy the addiction. :) I miss it. With only one stang in the stable and it being my car and DD, I am not in the position to play as I did when I had both the 98 and 03. Who know what the future holds.

I would probably be open to donating a kidney to be able to attend a HPDS event in a well modified S197 GT.

Mustang Militia said:
Well, I guess I need some practice but it was my first attempt with this car. The quickest I went was a 9.11 in the 1/8th at 77 mph. My 60 ft. is the culprit. But wait...the best part about last night was Blastin' a GTO and an LS1 Z28. The GTO was running 9.50's.:owned:

I remember the very first time running the 1/8th in the goat bone stock in the August Savannah, GA heat= 8.9s . . . El crapo!!! Now I run 7.6Xs . . .