went to the track tonight

my car is not very fast and i have a lot done to it but my tranny is shot so i think that is my reason for being so slow.

here is my best run
R/T: 0.901
60': 2.102
1/8: 9.350 mph: 74.64
1/4 14.541 mph: 93.75

temp was like 72 and humidity was very low and it is in NY so not much above sea level.

you can hear the synchros wine pretty bad and most of my runs I couldnt get it into gears.

97 GT NPI 5sp
FRPP/SVO intake manifold
4:10s, msd, O/R H, flows,
Pro 5.0 shifter, taylor 409 wires
UD pulleys

and a 14.5 is all it had:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

untuned i doubt you're dynoing much over 205 to the wheels... so with just the manifold, udps, and 4.10s, plus a shot trans, a 14.5 isn't bad at all. Think of it like this, some 99+ guys are running those times with cars that are good for high 13s, so that means you are a hell of a driver and can make the most of what your car has

yeah track prep at the track is garbage so you cant hook up too well but i had a consistant 2.1 60' all night. The one 03 cobra that was there was bone stock nothing at all not even a filter was runnin 12.9s consistant.

Yeah i dont have a tune at all no chip or anything im gonna see if I can get a cheap tranny or get mine rebuilt and see about a tune. Ill see what it runs but it is for sale so if it sells its gone and im buying a 99/01 cobra.

I have the loot for one but just need to sell mine first.

Dope 97GT said:
oh forgot to mention i have a check engine light on as well:mad:

jeez anything else? broken transmission, check engine light... maybe there was an up hill grade and 50 mph headwind as well :p . You could look for a low mileage tr3650, or just get the T-45 rebuilt, it shouldn't cost that much. But I know that I would not buy your car if I realized it was having trans. problems, and if I were to buy it, I would definitely be talking your price down a good bit. Anyway, a 14.5 with all those factors against you is very respectable, good job!

stangGT97 said:
jeez anything else? broken transmission, check engine light... maybe there was an up hill grade and 50 mph headwind as well :p . You could look for a low mileage tr3650, or just get the T-45 rebuilt, it shouldn't cost that much. But I know that I would not buy your car if I realized it was having trans. problems, and if I were to buy it, I would definitely be talking your price down a good bit. Anyway, a 14.5 with all those factors against you is very respectable, good job!

yeah but by the time its sold it will have a new tranny or at least a rebuilt one.

which is better the t45 or the tr3650? and does my car have the t45 in it now?

Dope 97GT said:
which is better the t45 or the tr3650? and does my car have the t45 in it now?

well, better is a very relative term. The Tr-3650 holds more power, but people have had shift quality issues. The T-45 shifts smoothly, but doesnt hold as much power. I'd say just rebuild the T-45 and you will be happy with it. Also, are you on the stock clutch still? its possible that isnt disengaging properly and causing your car to not go into gear.

stangGT97 said:
well, better is a very relative term. The Tr-3650 holds more power, but people have had shift quality issues. The T-45 shifts smoothly, but doesnt hold as much power. I'd say just rebuild the T-45 and you will be happy with it. Also, are you on the stock clutch still? its possible that isnt disengaging properly and causing your car to not go into gear.

no it has a clutch in it not sure but the reciept says dual friction and it cost 325 from the previous owner and the reciept date is 8/27/03 and it only has like 7k on the car since then.

but do you guys think it will free up some horsepower if i get it rebuilt and what does that usually cost.

I do not think you will gain hp from a rebuild. Whining isn't hurting your times/mph...

On the run you showed, it appears you got it in gear...and your driving fairly well...don't expect much more with your mods...

Good Luck!

Back when the only mod I had made to my '96 GT (Auto) was a 3.73 gear, I was running consistent 15.30s :bang: and would have killed for mid-14s. Dont get down about the times - and don't pay attention to other people who have the 'same' mods w/ better times...I don't care what anybody says - each car is different and reacts differently to the changes you make.

As for the tranny - I coverted to a tremec 3650 and I love it...some people complain of cold clash in 2nd, but I've never had an issue - you can find them pretty cheap right now too since everyones swappin for a T56...