Went to the track, with some results

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Hey guys, so I got out of the lower rider scene for a day, raised the car up, threw the slicks on, and went to the track.

I was pretty happy with my results, first time hitting 12's, I knew the car had it in it, I took my timing gun with me and kept adjusting it until I got it right. I think it still has more in it, I think with a better launch, and better shifting points I could drop the ET a little more how it sits.

Heres my mods list:
TFS Street Heat Intake
TFS Stage 1 Cam
GT40p heads (trickflow springs)
MAC LT Headers
O/R Xpipe
Underdrive pullies
75mm Accufab t/b
95 GT MAF

3.73 gears
Coilovers all around
Adjustable solid bushing upper and lower control arms
MT ET Streets 26x10.5x15

I'll post a couple more pics later today from the track.

mail.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

nice!! with your mods and your 60 was pretty good @ 1.756

Thanks man, I guess 1.75 is good for the power and suspension setup I have, my car is not really setup for drag racing. The car doesnt make enough power to pull through a dead hook, if I dropped the clutch the car would dead hook lift up, then flop back down killing my 60', I was pulling 1.85's first couple times. The 1.75 is riding the clutch out hard at about 4-5k rpm.

Here's a pic before the track, I went there straight ratchet style.

mail22.jpg

A 12.80 is good. How high were you launching, what rear gear do you have and do you know how much your car weighs? Hoping to throw a set of slicks on mine this spring. I was hoping to hit 1.7's on the 60 ft, now i have some hope. Good job!

Joe

Sweet deal nick. Where did you run speed world?
Yep, not sure if you heard but they closed down over the xmas break. They just opened back up again a couple weeks ago under new management. Supposedly they're bringing it back to life, talk about re-paving the track, tons of events every week, etc.

A 12.80 is good. How high were you launching, what rear gear do you have and do you know how much your car weighs? Hoping to throw a set of slicks on mine this spring. I was hoping to hit 1.7's on the 60 ft, now i have some hope. Good job!

Joe
I was launching around 4500-5000, once the second yellow light came on i held the throttle like 3/4 or a little more, then on green i just floored it and rode the clutch off pretty hard. You gotta mess around with it and see how the car responds, I am sure different suspension setups, etc will run different. But for the most part, drop it and go.

Gears are 3.73's, no idea what the car weighs, I have mostly full interior, just not radio or speakers, I forgot to take the spare tire out too and I went on like a little under 1/4 tank of gas. But I have battery in the back, and the front clip is missing as of now until it gets painted. As for the motor, it's stripped pretty much to the basics, no smog, no egr, no a/c. There were a couple mods I forgot that I added, just accufab 75mm t/b and a 95 GT MAF, nothing crazy, I've actually got the stock airbox on it now too.

IMG_8071.jpg

damn, really looks like i gotta get some better dr's and learn to drive, my combos pretty close to yours (shortys instead of longtubes, and 4.10s) and mine struggled to get a 13.8 @102 with a 2.1 (iirc, been awhile) 60'. losing 100lbs would help too (me, not the car). and i still gotta wait almost a month for my local track to open, the midwest sucks this time of year :(

damn, really looks like i gotta get some better dr's and learn to drive, my combos pretty close to yours (shortys instead of longtubes, and 4.10s) and mine struggled to get a 13.8 @102 with a 2.1 (iirc, been awhile) 60'. losing 100lbs would help too (me, not the car). and i still gotta wait almost a month for my local track to open, the midwest sucks this time of year :(

Yea the tires will do it man, I was hitting 13 flat @ 101mph with like a 1.8 60', you definitely have more in her, unless you're makin a lot of power to push you down the line I feel like its pointless to even go to the track in our cars without good tires. You're gonna spin all the way off the line, and be disappointed at the other end.

Lol. Yeah, my tubular front end just makes up for me being 30lbs overweight!

I agree about the tires. With lower powered cars, your time is made up on the starting end.

Joe

I only made it to the track once with my new combo and ran 14.03 @ 102 with no Trac-Loc on street tires. That night the track was packed and only could get four runs in. Also had the spare, jack, and 3/4 tank of gas. I'm still running stock TB, rockers, and clutch fan too.

Any further improvement in ET would be in the 60' and shifting...........with that mph, your not gonna improve the ET much at all from where you are at. Not enough HP to do it.

I can't believe they let you run with no cover

Yea I was actually gonna run with no hood at first because it was off and I was lazy but I thought it takes 5 minutes to put on mine as well not risk it. When I pulled up to the booth i saw the guy shaking his head and thought he was gonna say something, but nope, didn't even say anything. I figure it has the support so there's not really anything the cover would do in case of an accident, and really its just less pieces to fall off down the track lol.

It would have looked cooler with a giant intercooler though.