Western CND 10" Tire Shootout ???

• Sponsors (?)

congrats

Nice run, can't wait to see some more. Gotta love 8's on a 28*10.5 tire car!!!

BTW
Dals car is running now, but his new combo makes so much more power than before that the tranny is just burning up. Hopefully it will get a full run next race. He did clickm off a 1.12 60 ft at his low boost setting, and his 1/8 th mile to 1/4 mile mph gain was over 50 mph which is higher than ANY other competitor at mission. So we'll see how the new program unfolds.

The car weights around 3250 and we're working on getting some video of the pass.The best part is our track is far from great and the air wasn't all that great on sunday either. Our engine builder wants to go back on the dyno to find even more power.

RacinFan said:
I would be interested in providing a trophy for the person with the fastest 28/10 tire mustang in all of westen canada for 2004. This is what I am thinking for rules, must have stock style suspension, 3000lbs minimum weight, times must be verified with scanned time slip or video and one other person.

I just started up a business called trophys and things up here in Fort McMurray and I love mustangs. I went low 10's in my old GT about 4 yrs ago when i lived on the coast.

Looks like JYB (Derek) is the 2004 small tire champion :nice:

here's the video ... http://www.horsepowerheaven.com/features_all/2004features/mrpoct1004.wmv

BC Ford event

Guys, sounds like i have something right up your alley. Next summer at Mission Raceway we are having an all Ford event. There will be bracket and heads up classes. So far i'd think an Outlaw-type class, a 10.5 tire class and maybe even a no-visible-mods heads-up class. This is for Ford-powered cars only and all types, whether you have a flathead Model T or a new GT40.

Date is still undecided, probably August and i'll make sure it's posted here. We hope to draw cars from all of western USA and Canada (and Winnipeg is considered west too)

Hopefully we can show those east coast people that we have fast Fords out west too.

Tom

By the way it was very cool to see Derek at Mission last Sunday. The track was a bit slippery being cold and having all the rain the previous week, an 8.50 is awesome. Even in July and August the air can get below sea level corrected and combined with decent track temperatures it is very fast.

RacinFan said:
I would be interested in providing a trophy for the person with the fastest 28/10 tire mustang in all of westen canada for 2004. This is what I am thinking for rules, must have stock style suspension, 3000lbs minimum weight, times must be verified with scanned time slip or video and one other person.

I just started up a business called trophys and things up here in Fort McMurray and I love mustangs. I went low 10's in my old GT about 4 yrs ago when i lived on the coast.

Can you please send that trophy to.... Just buggin :rlaugh:

I was wondering though are you still going to do that ? If so are you going to wait till the end of the year because I do believe that all the tracks in canada are closed for the year.

TomP said:
Guys, sounds like i have something right up your alley. Next summer at Mission Raceway we are having an all Ford event. There will be bracket and heads up classes. So far i'd think an Outlaw-type class, a 10.5 tire class and maybe even a no-visible-mods heads-up class. This is for Ford-powered cars only and all types, whether you have a flathead Model T or a new GT40.

Date is still undecided, probably August and i'll make sure it's posted here. We hope to draw cars from all of western USA and Canada (and Winnipeg is considered west too)

Hopefully we can show those east coast people that we have fast Fords out west too.

Tom

I'm in just give me the date :nice: