"wet" nitrous questions

Yes, I searched, and no I did not find the answer to the questions I have.

I want a wet nitrous system 150 shot, but I am not sure which one to get, because I am scared of puddling in the upper intake manifold. NOS's big shot plate system solves that problem, but thats 690 dollars, and NX's is even more for a GT-40 intake manifold (and is starts at 300 shots).

So that is why I would like to know how many people have actually had a problem with puddling, and what intake manifold they have? Nitrous works has a wet throttle body plate system, and I am not sure who else makes a throttle body plate. If everyone thinks, and has not had problem with fuel in the upper intake manifold then thats great I will save some money.

• Sponsors (?)

I have nitrous works kit 75-175hp. I never had a problem puddling. I think puddling in the intake is due to hitting nitrous a part throttle. Not enough air to completly push mixture. Nitrous works kit has a wot switch. Very easy to install good kit. I got MSD digital 6 ignition so i didnt have to drive around naturally aspirated with timing retarded. Remote bottle valve opener bigger fuel pump youll be set. I wired my activation switch/remote bottle opener to fog light switch. Bought gt headlight/fog light switch. Mine was lx coupe no fog lights. Goodluck

I got the kit you're talking about off of eBay. The only thing is I have a stock hood yet, the hard lines on the throttle body plate were too high and I wouldn't have been able to close the hood. I guess I could have had the lines replaced/re-bent to be lower but I said screw it and did the CAI tube wing nozzle instead (got one for free).

speedtrip said:
I have nitrous works kit 75-175hp. I never had a problem puddling. I think puddling in the intake is due to hitting nitrous a part throttle. Not enough air to completly push mixture. Nitrous works kit has a wot switch. Very easy to install good kit. I got MSD digital 6 ignition so i didnt have to drive around naturally aspirated with timing retarded. Remote bottle valve opener bigger fuel pump youll be set. I wired my activation switch/remote bottle opener to fog light switch. Bought gt headlight/fog light switch. Mine was lx coupe no fog lights. Goodluck

Well that does make alot of sense. Well I have a 6AL right now, but is there something special about a digital 6 to retard timing?
well I bought the gt switch, but i dont want my switch there though.

How did you mount your WOT switch?

The Digital MSD boxes will automatically retard the timing to your pre set amount when the nitrous is activated. Cool stuff. :nice: I also agree with the guy saying puddling doesn't occur if you use it right. It will usually only puddle when using too much fuel, activating the nitrous at part throttle, which doesn't suck the nitrous/fuel mixture into the combustion chamber fast enough... so it puddles... and... usually the most common one, is people activating the nitrous at too low of an RPM... It really shouldn't be activated below 2800-3000 rpm. Below that, there isn't enough velocity to carry the nitrous/fuel mixture. Good luck! :nice:

Wot switch comes with kit mounts on throttle body bolt. Linkage hits switch when throttle is wide open. I bought the gt headlight foglight switch. When i turn on foglight switch it arms nitrous/msd ignition retard/remote bottle valve opener got 12 volts wired from fuse box to switch. I like the nitrous because my cars fun to drive naturally aspirated and when i need a extra 150 hp its at the flick of a switch. People told me when i got nitrous it was gonna be real expensive to keep filling bottle but last year i only used 1 bottle. I have a 87 no option coupe super light didnt want to add extra weight with sc or turbo. I wanna lighten it up even further with afr 165s anf fiberglass hood next. Went to track weighed it without seats and gas tank close to Empty weighed 2715 lbs without me in it. I read somewher 100lbs is worth a tenth in the 1320.