What’s your favorite appearance mod?

Black roof wrap is nice depending on the color of the car you have.

I saw that CARiD actually has a carbon fiber insert for the roof of the 05-09 Mustangs. Been thinking along those lines. I want to do carbon fiber hood vents, ala 2013/14 Mustang. Already done my Lightning that way.

Anyway, the Cervinni's front spoiled showed up yesterday. So, in spite of the coronavirus bruhaha, I'll be getting it on this weekend. Doesn't look difficult at all.

Attachments

• BAB051A6-175E-4B0B-B791-F46115CBBFD0.jpg
    BAB051A6-175E-4B0B-B791-F46115CBBFD0.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I got the front spoiler mounted yesterday. I took liberties with mounting it, didn't like how Cervinnis says to do it. They supply a short piece of 1/4 inch 3M tape for the area under the signals. I used 1/2 all the way across, and a second 1/2 in the center area under the grill opening. Also. they use the four push pins on the bottom. I used four 1/4 bolts with lock nuts and one inch fender washers on both sides. They have you shooting in seven self tapping screws. I used the same 1/4 bolts and lock nuts with one inch fender washers on both sides. The only self tapping screws I used were the ones that go in the ends by the fender openings. I also used black RTV and faired over the top edge so the white 3M tape wouldn't show and wouldn't get wet.

Seems to be mounted fairly solid. Doesn't wiggle wobble bad, just a little movement when using my hands. Nothing that scares me.

Turned out really nice, I like it. It's big, low and aggressive looking. Looks like I'm going to have to start paying attention to driveway entrances if they look steep. LOL!! Also a good thing I prefer backing into parking spaces, as it looks like this thing will get killed by curbs and parking blocks. It's that low. And the lower edge protrudes past the forward edge of the front bumper. It's bitchin lookin.

It's a cold dreary blustery day. I'll get pics this weekend when I can get out to my favorite picture taking spot. Point 10 or the marina at Lake Stanley Draper.

Last edited:
Not a very good sunny day for taking pics. But I tried. When you view any of the online stores that sell this part, all you see is just the front of the vehicle. These are whole vehicle pics, so you get the idea just how large this front spoiler really is. I figure if it does nothing else, it at least redirects a fairly large chunk of air up through the lower grill openings t hat would otherwise go beneath the vehicle. The ram air velocity stack for my CAI is in the lower grill beneath the driver's side signals. So it's likely seeing an increase in airflow as well.

Attachments

• 01010008.JPG
    01010008.JPG
    370.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 01010009.JPG
    01010009.JPG
    388.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 01010010.JPG
    01010010.JPG
    334.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 01010011.JPG
    01010011.JPG
    333.2 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: 1 users
Onto the next mods. I'm off for two weeks, paid and have money in the bank. So I am ordering some more body mods from both CARiD and Cervinnis. Hopefully they'll get here during the time I'm off. Likely not though, the way things are going. Did see both a UPS and FedEx truck in the hood today.

Ordered about $1200 worth of parts for the Stang. Eleanor side window scoops and lower body scoops from Cervinni's. Rear window louvres, side window block off plates (so you're not looking at the inside of a scoop) and headlight splitters from CARiD. All the body parts offered the option to be painted before shipped, which I took them up on.

Reactions: 1 users
Also doing some light shopping. The previous owner already did the fronts with black background lights. So eyeing to replace the tail lights with sequential led style with clear lens and black background. Also replace the rear side markers with blacked out lenses. And the front corner with blacked out lens. CARiD has everything I want, and I've already put them on my wish list.

I got some window louvers in yesterday. Much like the one in the pics above. So I'll get them on and head to my favorite picture taking spot. In spite of the stupid shelter-at-home order. I mean, restaurants are still open for takeout and delivery, grocery stores still open, gas stations still open.

I did the louver install yesterday. Not bad, took me a little over an hour. Most of it sticking foam tape to everything that touches the window. Took it for drive to my favorite photo area, one of the many "Points" off Lake Stanley Draper. The last picture, what the car looked like a few weeks ago.

More coming, but it's a ways off due to being painted to match before shipping.

Attachments

• 01010012.JPG
    01010012.JPG
    329.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 01010013.JPG
    01010013.JPG
    349.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 01010014.JPG
    01010014.JPG
    323.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 01010015.JPG
    01010015.JPG
    351.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 01010001.JPG
    01010001.JPG
    340.9 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
BTW, the front spoiler is more than just an appearance mod. I'll post a link to a wind tunnel test of a vehicle with a front spoiler of approximately the same size and angle as the Cervinnis part. At the beginning, the smoke is being aimed around the front spoiler. Note how much air is being shoved into the lower grill opening. And since I have a ram air velocity stack located there, blowing cool air to my CAI, that sees a nice increase in airflow. To me it's more of a functional appearance mod.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl7jk85D2sE&list=PLmlk4KWwmdi3cTOuht6ak5hhOA-aVTyu4&index=13&t=8s

Got all four of the rear scoops in today. Did the prep work to put them on. Will do so tomorrow. Pics to follow. They're from Cervinni's, already painted to match. Perfect match too. Even for a 13 year old car, perfect match.

Going to watch the original Gone in 60 Seconds tonight. Maybe even the newer one afterwards. Haven't seen either.

Eleanor.

Pics of the rear scoops from Cervinni's.

Attachments

• 01010016.JPG
    01010016.JPG
    317 KB · Views: 95
  • 01010017.JPG
    01010017.JPG
    327.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 01010019.JPG
    01010019.JPG
    306.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 01010018.JPG
    01010018.JPG
    365.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 01010020.JPG
    01010020.JPG
    305.3 KB · Views: 100
Just ordered the Cervinni's Classic Hood Locks.

As in the pics posted above.

Also have all new lighting coming, except for the headlights, which the previous owner changed and I am happy with. The front corners, rear corners, third brake light and tail lights will all be chrome background with smoked lenses. Tail and third brake will be LED. Tails sequential. All Spec D parts from CARiD.

Last edited: