what all is needed

David Pepiton

Dec 17, 2011
Laveen, Arizona
so I was looking at some simple bolt ons to get some more power.

The question I have is at what point do i need to step up to 24# or 30# injectors or for that matter a larger pump?

I was looking at a CAI/ 75mm TB and EGR adaptor/ bbk long tubes and custom 2.5inch exhaust. with these bolt ons would i need to step up to a bigger injector and would you recommend just going with the calibrated MAF?

with that said what is your opinion on the TB options on the market? bbk, performance products, or stack racing are the only ones I've really seen.

I'm planning on getting a new LC-1 to help ensure my STFT and LTFT are not all screwed up.

Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

With the bolt ons you mentioned, the factory 19 pound injectors are fine. Changing the heads, cam, and intake would drive a need to increase the injectors, likely to the 24 pound size you mentioned (and 155 to 255 lph fuel pump, you pick the size in that range). On throttle bodies, I've always used BBK, and liked them. On a 5.0 302, until it is heavily modified, a 65mm TB produces the best power, with the 70mm losing a little in comparison. To avoid buying parts twice, you need to decide your plan first, and buy parts to your plan, realizing in between your combination will be sub optimal. The mass air flow sensor should be bigger than the throttle body, and calibrated for your injector size.