What Are The Goals?

Thatsweetstang

Nov 4, 2013
Ca
I'm just being curious that's all. What are your goals for your mustang? Engine? Trans?Suspension? Interior? Exterior? Wheels are tires?

Mine is: ford explorer all aluminum motor swap. Blower cams, and a blower making around 350-380rwhp and running mid 12's on the track. A new manual trans either tko or t56

Tubular k member and suspension front and rear. Battery in the trunk and rear seat delete. 05+ front seats. Lastly my car repainted dark metallic grey with nice 03-04 cobra dished wheels.

Not too much.

• Sponsors (?)

ENGINE:
Blower cams
Return-style fuel system

TRANNY:
Nothing

INTERIOR:
Nothing

EXTERIOR:
Nothing

SUSPENSION:
Rear upper/lower LCA's
Shocks/struts
Complete prothane bushing kit

WHEELS/TIRES:
I've got DD anthracite FR500's and 315 Nitto NT555R's.......kinda wish I went with some Forgestars with MT slicks (YES, SLICKS FOR DAILY DRIVING, I AINT SCURRED!!!)

Long term:

MMR Modular Boss Block w/ Forged 5.0 Stroker Assm (5.3l) topped w/ trickflow twisted wedge track heat heads @ 10:1 compression, custom blower cams, either jesel or gt-500 rockers, port match the kb 2.1 lower manifold to the tf heads, hurricane oil pump, all arp fasteners, 10% overdrive lower pulley, 14 lb kb upper pulley, meth injection, new long tubes or get mine sand blasted and re-ceramic coated - keeping the x-pipe and magnapacks

t-56 magnum kit from d&d performance w/ ram twin-disk clutch

31 spline diff / axles - keeping the 3.73's

glenns performance return style fuel system w/ rails & 60 lb injectors

maximum motorsports k-member w/ coil-overs, uca's & lca's

line lock

etc... probably wont do all of that until i retire from the air force and get another job, but i may start small and do little things here and there until i can afford to do the motor, tranny, and k-member all at one time. its nice to dream tho

For the engine, forged bottom end, Trickflow heads, stage 2 blower cams, Trickflow intake, 60 lb. injectors, return style fuel system, upgrade to a blow through style SCT MAF, upgrade to a D1 or F1 supercharger. 550 to 600 rwhp sounds awesome.

Suspension needs are Eibach sway bars, Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar and maybe the torque arm too.

I would like to have my T3650 rebuilt and strengthened with a Center Force Dual Friction clutch.

31 spline axles and a stronger differential. 4:10 gears only if the engine can rev to at least 7k rpms.

I would like to find some better seats but if I can't find something that looks right, I will restore my stockers. Replace the interior carpet. Would love to get the plastic interior to stop buzzing, ticking, crackling, shaking all the time but I don't want to weight the car down with dynomat everywhere.

Outside, I want a fresh paint job (same color). I would like to get a terminator bumper with the "cobra" smoothed out. I may delete the anniversary stripes, apply some flat black graphics and paint my FR500s gloss black and put on a honeycomb rear deck lid panel. If I decide to keep the stock anniversary stripes I will have the wheels centers painted gold to match them. Either way that effing spoiler, that is not supposed to be there, is gone. Wingless for the win.

Very few of these things will actually happen but it's nice to dream.

My goal is to maintain the car well so I can keep enjoying it another 4-5 years. By then, it'll be approaching 300k miles.

As it sits now, all the accessories still work, the car looks nice when clean and everything seems to be in good working order with the exception of the squeeky TOB. Just shy of 220k now and getting new tires put on this weekend. :)

Seems like the trick to keeping a car enjoyable to drive is keeping up on repairs. Loose steering, squeeks/rattles and broken accessories really make a car feel junky.