what are thumpers?

• Sponsors (?)

Killercanary said:
Us the search engine as this topic has beat to death... literally. Also, by doing so you can decide for yourself if they will "run around the "P's". Just like the X files said... "the truth is out there."

BTW- A complete 97-newer ford explorer long block can be had for around $800 around here from the junk yards, it has the GT40P heads and the GT40 style intake from the factory. That's a hell of a deal IMHO. You can sell the peices you don't need and recoupe some of your money.
Are the Mercury Mountaineers the same?

mystang94gt said:
Alright anyone called an autozone in CA???? I'm going to have to check into this one. sounds like a hell of a deal. But are they going to accept E7's as a core for gt-40's. Should I just not even mention it?
I went to autozone here and asked them, the guy said that they didn't sell them, but he didnt look like he knew wtf he was doing. Ill go to a different AutoZone next time and ask them.

mystang94gt said:
Ok so now we just need to verify if they will accept the E7's as a core. Has anyone actually done this before??

Squall, Is NC northern CA or North Carolina. Saw you said something the other day about passing CA emissions.
I'm stationed on Camp Lejeune, NC presently. I'm moving to Camp Pendleton, CA soon.

:flag:

mystang94gt said:
Ok so now we just need to verify if they will accept the E7's as a core. Has anyone actually done this before??

Squall, Is NC northern CA or North Carolina. Saw you said something the other day about passing CA emissions.
]

from working at autozone i cant tell you that i highly doubt they will notice the difference between our E7s an the new gt40s. the people who work there usually dont know anything except how to look up a part and then get it in the back.

cb18201 said:
]

from working at autozone i cant tell you that i highly doubt they will notice the difference between our E7s an the new gt40s. the people who work there usually dont know anything except how to look up a part and then get it in the back.

LOL yeah that definitely desribes my experience's with them. I'm going to have to seriously look into this one. Thanks everyone.

95snoozer said:
BTW thats 180 per head
i just noticed this. now i feel a lot better. i am happy with my thumpers, but it is good to know that there may be another low cost option for high flowing heads.

i'll have to check the price at my autozone. is there a specific part number i can ask for to make sure they are looking up the gt40 heads instead of the stock heads?