What are you gonna do about rising gas prices?

HtownGT

Dec 5, 2002
Houston
Well as most know gas prics are gonna rise since it is getting towards spring and summer soon, and also with the war and what not. but what is everyone gonna do about it if they get to high, which i have heard that it will be a 1.80 down here in houston texas for regular. i know most will say if you bought a mustang for gas mileage then you should of just bought a honda. well me for example am in college and bought it before all the recent troubles in the last 3 years. I bought mine almost 4 years ago now. so i just wanted to know what some of yall are planning to do. I might buy a bike, something small not and to damn fast, if i can convince my mom to let me get one.

• Sponsors (?)

it sucks but i didnt get a Stang for the economic aspect....i bought it to go FAST...and i will continue to go faster and faster for as long as i can....i just scored a beater anyways....86 CRX Si....eventually will become a stripped turbocharged D16 Z6 track car but for now it will see daily driver duty(once i go pick it up from my buddys dad's shop) :banana:

Anthony

this country has to re-build the oil industry in Iraq so they can use the money from the oil sales to prop up some kind of a government that will enable our troops to come back home, and the least they can do is sell or better yet give us oil for getting rid of that s.o.b Sadaam for them.Damn sorry situation American blood for f#$%ing oil, but that looks like all we're going to get out of it. Any body else notice when ever the terrorist alert goes up gas prices jump 7 to 10 cents overnight,and takes like 3 months for it to go back down? Its all B.S to me.Instead of going to f@#$ing Mars we should be paying for the best and brightest minds in our universities to come up with some kind of an alternative fuel source. :bs: :bang:

i'll tell you what im gona do stop bitching and pay it there is nothing we can do about it. and the next person that says to me with that mustang and high gas prices it must suck shoulda got something else im gona punch them right in the head

well i did go from 14 degrees timing, to 10j degrees and quit running premium, so that help here premium and regular have a 30 cent price diff.

so that is kinda a little something, although i didn't do it too much just to be cheap, but the car seems to do better that way daily driving, i will set it back up on 14 on some drag days and such

anyhow, now i get 18-20 around town, from 15

jason

I'm with Vib... lets protest :D I'll still drive it the same, maybe 5 bucks here and there of 89 instead of the regular 93 that it ges just to hold me over until I get paid again.

Can always get a blower... they increase gas mileage

I don't drive a mustang for gas mileage, that's for sure. But I will prolly ride with other ppl a lot, like my friend's Talon if he ever gets the new engine in it. I did last summer too. And I guess I could cut back on cruising up and down main street every weekend.....

HtownGT said:
okay well i guess im gonna have to wait till the other college kids that pay for everything like respond. hopefully someone else thinks like me.
hey i pay for everything on the car and am a 2nd smester freshman in college....its just something you pay for when you drive a stang....no way around it really....

Anthony

HtownGT said:
okay well i guess im gonna have to wait till the other college kids that pay for everything like respond. hopefully someone else thinks like me.

I'm a senior in HS and soon to be going into college. Does that count too? I bought my car, pay for insurance, gas, and all the mods that I've done to it so far.

Numbles said:
Well,,,,, I drove it like I stole it last time prices went up.

And nothins changed.

Im gonna continue to drive it like I stole it.

Hell ya, higher the gas prices go up the harder Im going to press down on the Pedal

Gunna drive it dukes of hazzard style....YEEE HAWWW