What are you gonna do about rising gas prices?

wow here in CA gas will get up to 2.30ish for 91 octane....but recetly at college i have been getting 22mpg so i don't realy car about gas i fill up maybe once every 3 weeks or every month....right now at Costco i pay 1.70 for a gallon of 91

• Sponsors (?)

I guess we should be thankfull we dont live in England, I think its like 3.00 per liter or something like that. alternative fuel? anybody remember the movie madmax and the thunderdome? the whole town in that movie ran on methane gas from pig****! can you imagine 110 octane pig**** fuel? :rlaugh: what a gas. :rlaugh:

95GTvert[bv12] said:
wow here in CA gas will get up to 2.30ish for 91 octane....

:notnice: Damn califorina sucks, everthing is more expensive there then everywhere else. Either everthing in site burns down or gets shaken into the ocean. I'll take my few months of winter and semi mild summers in trade for not living in a state as screwed up as CA.

mytight95 said:
well i did go from 14 degrees timing, to 10j degrees and quit running premium, so that help here premium and regular have a 30 cent price diff.
so, assuming you wait until the tank is nearly bone dry, you save $4.20 per fillup. id rather enjoy my car and use it to its full potential than be able to go get that extra meal at mc donalds every time i get gas. thats just me though.

I was thinking of Selling my Stang and getting one of those Toyota Hybrids.. You know the one with the 63hp gas motor and Electric motor combination... I mean would I really miss a few hundred hp when it comes to saving a few dollars at the pump....

If you by that I have some great Land for sale in The EverGlades

Americans have the cheapest gas in the world...period. When I was in England it was almost $4 US for A GALLON OF GAS! I think this is just kind of evening things out. I don't mind the prices and it sure as hell won't make me drive my car less!

Jake

I have a few suggestions to anyone who is worried about the gas "crunch":

1) Buy it a quarter tank at a time, that way you won't spend a "whole bunch" filling the tank up.

2) Buy a bike.

3) Stop bitching and support the American economy.

Joe

well the problem with gas price is they are artificaily inflated around the world, becuase it is a need not a want, I need to drive 50 my a day to go to college, so i will pay what every the price of gas is. They gas companies know this so they rasie and lower it as they see fit, but they usealy tend to rasie where there is a problem like a pipeline problem in AZ that cause gas prices in norcal to go up $0.30 now the problem with that was is that the AZ pipe dosn't feed norcal our gas comes from the sea ports, the other problem is 2 months after the pipeline was fix gas prices still stayed up. So if you realy wanted gas prices to go down you would have to convince people not to buy gas for 2 weeks and it will drop like a rock. But this will never happen becasue i need gas and most american companies need gas.

well im looking for a bike to get to go around campus and possibly on short trips, bc stop and go is what kills my cars mileage. what kind of bikes do yall like for a beginner. keep in mind im 6'4?

Well, i hear that people get more mileage from a set of 3.73's.
I guess timing WOULD work too. But at lack of performance.
make sure you've got your oil changed- - i didn't for about 5000 miles or so and my mileage went down to like 13.5 from being gooked up and me trying to race it. I put in new oil and filter and i'm getting about 16. Then again, i have few mods yet.

94Blue302GT said:
Well, i hear that people get more mileage from a set of 3.73's.
I guess timing WOULD work too. But at lack of performance.
make sure you've got your oil changed- - i didn't for about 5000 miles or so and my mileage went down to like 13.5 from being gooked up and me trying to race it. I put in new oil and filter and i'm getting about 16. Then again, i have few mods yet.
when was your last tuneup???....if you do a nice fresh tuneup i bet you will see more than 16mpg....of course that all depends on if you can keep your right foot off the floor occasionally :flag:

Anthony

Down said:
I'm gonna throw a blower and big injectors on and do donuts nonstop:)

J

:lol: :rlaugh: Oh, good stuff.....But really this is exactly why i have 2 jobs right now and am a junior in high school. I can still spend a crap load of money on my car and if need be, gas, and still have money in the bank for anything else i want to buy. Of course im tired as hell and my friends have a bet that the 2nd job will only last 2 months. :shrug:

-Drew