What brand of Oil Filter do you use?

• Sponsors (?)

I use Purolator filters. Stay away from Fram, just cut one open and look at the cardboard end caps and center tube, that was enough for me. Motorocraft are a private label filter, some one else makes them under contract and paints them with the Motorcraft logo.

The other filter mentioned above is Wix, also a good brand. I have not heard to much about the K&N filters but, they are pricey.

Here is a sort of highjack, I hope nobody has invested in a Filter Magnet. Some idiot showed up at my shop trying to sell me on these things, what a joke. He told me that he had put one on his car over 3000 miles ago, and if I wanted I could remove that filter and cut it open to see the results. Well, I agreed to his challange. After cutting open the old oil filter we discovered absolutely no evidence of anything captured by the magnet. So, keep your $60 these things are not worth the money.

well jeez, good thing you asked this question Paul. I was about to put a Fram on mine, because thats what my dad bought for me.

According to that site tho, the TG8A is alright, but I'm considering buying a different one instead of using that Fram now lol. Thanks for the heads up everyone

66stangmeister said:
well jeez, good thing you asked this question Paul. I was about to put a Fram on mine, because thats what my dad bought for me.

According to that site tho, the TG8A is alright, but I'm considering buying a different one instead of using that Fram now lol. Thanks for the heads up everyone

I was in the same boat. I used Frams on all of my cars until I read this. I currently use the Motorcraft, but I'm always looking for better. . .

I wont use Fram anymore, I bought 3 of there racing filters , the one that equals to ph8a for my stang, all 3 leaked at the crimp seem, I took them back to Advance auto and the jerk said my pressure must be to high and didnt refund my money because they were used, no ***** , how else would I know it leaks jerk, I also stoped going to advance auto.

I use frams on my s10 p/u with 200k on it. Change the oil every 9 to 12k. it uses no oil and other than batteries and alternators it has needed nothing. Oil is way more important (Mobil 1). I use pure one filters now, but not because I have any complaints with frams.

I use K&N or Mobil One oil filters. They are expensive, but my unscientific test told me that after 3 month with Fram, the oil smelled burnt, whereas with either K&N or Mobil One, the oil had no trace of a burnt smell after 5 months using the same brand of oil at the same mileage and driving conditions. I also added a magnet to the outside of the filter to help trap metal dust.