What brand oil and filter should I go with?

• Sponsors (?)

It's got about 20k miles on it but I'm taking it out to put in a new 331 once I finish putting it together. But I still want to know to use it in this motor. I've always used Castrol GTX with a Purolator filter, and the Purolator Pure One to catch any extra material while it's getting broken in but just wondering since there's so many other brands.

From the studies I've seen mainly from bob the oil guy I think it was, Purolator made the Motorcraft filters for Ford, and they're the same filters on the inside....

Basically I want to know what are the higher classifications of oil, like ASP, G, C, etc....I'm sure all the brands have lower classification for different types of oil, like the high mileage, synthetics, different weights, etc

Brand

Motorcraft filter for sure.

Oil kind of depends on how often you change the oil, climate and how much you want to spend.

I run Mobil 10W30 myself and change it just before I put the car away for the winter, which is usually just under 3000 miles.

Use whatever you've been using. ave the good oil for your new engine after its got some miles on it. I run mobil 1 with a mobil 1 filter on both of my cars. Its a good group 3 oil. I'll be switching to a group 4 real synthetic on the Audi eventually.