What catbacks have tailpipes that follow the oem routing?

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
Oct 4, 2020
Florida
Does anyone sell pipes without the cats?? For offroad use only.....

• Sponsors(?)

Mustang5L5

Put lubricant all over the balls
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Not anymore really. You might find a few no-name brands out there but the EPA is cracking down on cat-delete exhausts and handing out fines.

limp

Oct 4, 2020
Florida
Not anymore really. You might find a few no-name brands out there but the EPA is cracking down on cat-delete exhausts and handing out fines.
I was at SEMA in 85? The "test pipe" business was going strong.. Those were the pipes made to fit where the Cats went, so you could " test" if the cat was any good.....

limp

Oct 4, 2020
Florida
I see some exhausts built for " shorty headers".. Do all shorty headers dump in the same spot to bolt up to these exhausts??

Dan02gt

10 Year Member
Mar 2, 2003
Greenville, NC
How is the quality of the LMR tailpipes?

I was going to cut up my flowmaster cat-back to try and save the tailpipes but if there is an off-the-shelf tailpipe option that clears the panhard i will go that route instead and just take the cat-back out in 1 peice

I don't mind the flowmaster logo (it's already on my current setup) so does anyone know if these follow the stock routing?

I’ve had the LMR pipes on my car for 3 years. They are equal to the stock tail pipes as far as build quality is concerned. I didn’t lay them beside the stock ones to compare, but it looks to me like they follow the stock routing and use the stock hangers. I can get measurements if someone has specific requests.

Mustang5L5

Put lubricant all over the balls
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Same goes for H-pipes.

I have a crappy Pacesetter off-road H-pipe that was 2” shorter than the Oem h-pipe and would hit the x-member

My bassini x-pipe with cats fits much better despite being physically bigger.

Reactions: 1 user