What clutch to get?

• Sponsors (?)

a_k said:
Neither of the links work for me but if you are comparing the ford hd clutch and the king cobra, you want the king cobra

Why? The HD is stronger. It will hold more power. If you don't believe me, call Don Walsh of D and D performance in MI... he designed both clutches for SVO.

Hat tip to Killercanary for pointing me in the right direction when I had a similar dilemna a year or so ago.

The pedal effort is harder with the HD but thats the breaks. Its still better then stock!

Adam

Yes, the HD is better. On Paul Riva (Killercanary)'s advice, I called D and D and asked Don Walsh which clutch was better. I told him my goals were to have a 300 rwhp N/A mustang. He told me to definately get the HD over the King Cobra.

The HD is harder to work, but it holds more power. He told me that if I didn't mind a slightly heavier pedal feel to definately go to the HD.

Don Walsh knows his chit because he designed both clutches in the 80s. He used to work for Ford's SVO. Call him up and ask if you don't believe me. He's a busy guy but didn't mind calling me back once he had some free time to talk about the differences.

Adam

I installed a HD Ford set-up and 373s for a bud in his GT....I thought it was a sweet set-up and felt the feel was just fine...didn't feel heavy to me at all... it came with a pressure plate,Valeo TB, and alignment tool to boot...When mine takes a dump that's the one I was gonna go with...
I would do the rear main if signs are showing and pilot shaft bearing while its apart...

M-7560-A302 was the kit I used...