What color calipers on an Emerald Green 92LX Hatch?

Hey all. I'm going to do a brake upgrade on my car. I was thinking of going with Bullitt calipers front and rear, the red ones. I thought it would be kinda Bullitt like seeing the car is green and all. But most people I talk to about it say a black or grey caliper would be a better choice. My options are Red Bullitt or 10th anniv. Cobra calipers, or regular grey Cobra or Mach 1 calipers with no wording. I have 17" 1998 Cobra wheels on the car and you can really see the brakes. What are your thoughts? I keep hearing the "christmas car" comments when I bring up red calipers. Lol.

• Sponsors (?)

Nobody ever said anything about my calipers. I thought it looked good

pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=1042176

pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=929891

This is probably more talk-ish than tech-ish, but it depends on the color of green. Emerald green is lighter, right? Red would look good on a true Bullitt green (which is a dark forest green color, I forget what Ford calls it), but if your car is too light, it would look Christmasy.

I think it would be cool if you painted them to match your Emerald Green. Might take a little effort in terms of finding and buying the paint (maybe even powdercoat), but it would look killer in the end.

Thanks for the replys. Yeah, Emerald green is kinda a medium green. The Bullitt was dark highland green. It's a tough choice with that color. You can never go wrong with silver, charcoal, or black. The brakes are charcoal grey right now and look nice, but don't jump out at you. If I'm going to drop some coin on cool brakes, I want them to stand out a little.