What color should I paint my cobra brake calipers on my foxbody

What color should I paint my cobra brake calipers on my foxbody

• Total voters

Mstng93SSP

You have a nice rear end there Dave.
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Mililani, Hawaii
Help me decide what color to paint my cobra front brake calipers on my coupe.

vJ8RL8.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Out of the chooses you gave I would say body color would be the cleanest and stand out over the off the shelf red/black options that are out there.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user
My daily driver is a 88 dark shadow metallic blue hatch, Color is slightly darker then yours but it has black fr500 wheels with red 04 brakes. I was going to go the black route but went red to brake it a little and it looks clean. So my vote is for the red

Reactions: 1 user
If I was racing, I would want the thinnest coat of flat black that will protect the metal. Powder coat and thick, luscious paint look great. But coatings can hold the heat in, especially on finned aluminum parts that are supposed to air cool. That also applies to brass or aluminum radiators. Now if you are just looking good with monster brakes, and have very few panic stops in a row, please disregard the rest of this post and go blue or red and neatly painted lettering.

Decision made. I actually ended up with two sets. One is a set of 94-98 which I painted and put on my car. Here they are.

hqjTDn.jpg

xPhUSx.jpg

JwgFFG.jpg

PWblZG.jpg

XXWhV2.jpg

The second set I got are the anniversary red powder coated ones. The coating is all chipped so I completely broke them down, and am sending them out to be powder coated red.

Reactions: 2 users