What color should I paint the new calipers?

• Sponsors (?)

I Got the Kit today! so I'm going to paint it all today and then maybe install it when it's warmer out! I bought some Duplicolor Caliper Paint with ceramic. says it's good up to 500 degrees I am going to use it on the rotor hat, I hope it'll hold up. I'll post pics tomorrow night of it all painted. Might install it this weekend.

Here are a couple of pics. I used the Duplicolor Spray can Caliper paint with Ceramic. I took the mounting brackets off the calipers by taking off the c-clip ring holding a pin in, and painted them seperate. Taped off the bleeder valve and pistons on the caliper. I just used blue painters tape for the rotors and taped them off. Takes a while to prep it all but it's Worth it. turned out good no runs, ripples, etc. I am letting it all dry for a couple days before I install it. I Definitely like the red and black for the bracket/caliper. hopefully it looks good with the rotor hat silver.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks good, but you are going to have to paint slighly further into the rotor's hat. The pad only sweeps the outer 2 inches, so the inner 1" will rust up. Take a look at my pics to see what I mean.

Whan i did was drive about 2 miles on my brakes to see where the pad would run, and then use black electrical tape to tape off the swept area and spray the hat (after taping and bagging everything off)

what i did was cover the rotor with masking tape.. then i used my old pads mounted on the calipers and held a razor blade agenst the pad and had my buddy turn the rotor to cut the tape in the circle exactly where the pad stops.. then just peel the inside tape off and spray away!

i guess you can use new pads too if they are not thick enough to rub the tape off..

Looks good, but you are going to have to paint slighly further into the rotor's hat. The pad only sweeps the outer 2 inches, so the inner 1" will rust up. Take a look at my pics to see what I mean.

Whan i did was drive about 2 miles on my brakes to see where the pad would run, and then use black electrical tape to tape off the swept area and spray the hat (after taping and bagging everything off)

Crap...:rlaugh: your right! All that time and ahhh I'll just put it on and paint the rotors on the car. I like your idea forum155pl I'm going to do that! no biggie

doo you havepics of the caliper taped i dont nnow how i am going to tape the pistons

For the pistons I cut a piece of 2" blue painters tape into thirds witha utility knive. I cut them about 4 inches long, and I only used the two facory sides of the tape. Place the factory side against the caliper pull the tape taught and slide it under the rubber boot on the piston and wrap it around. Then cut a piece to fit over the opening and big enough to stick to the side of the 1/2" piece. I used painters tape. It's more expensive but it's worth it. Other tapes tend to get stuck after you put layers of paint on them. For the Rotors I would now reccomend this.....

forum155pl
what i did was cover the rotor with masking tape.. then i used my old pads mounted on the calipers and held a razor blade agenst the pad and had my buddy turn the rotor to cut the tape in the circle exactly where the pad stops.. then just peel the inside tape off and spray away!

i guess you can use new pads too if they are not thick enough to rub the tape off..

well I installed the brakes today! Had a few problems. first one was getting the old caliper mounting bracket bolts off! man they were on there. Especially the top ones! then I had to whack the piss out of the old rotor to get it off. then I took the clips off of the old soft line and the small washer clip was too thick so I had to sand them down so they would fit in the groove. Then the passenger side hard line bolt threads were rounded off at the tip so I couldn't get the bolt started. I ended up grinding a groove in it with a dremel. other than all of that it went well LMAO. I started at 9:00 didn't get done untill 4:00. took way longer than I thought it would. I had a little leaking at the connection between the hard line and SS line but I went back and really tightened it up so I hope it doesn't drip anymore. I'll post pics when I wash her up.