Fox What Color?

Detroiit

May 27, 2014
Detroit MI.
Hey guys once again I come to you all for some advice. I have the option to have my supercharged 90 mustang painted what ever color I want(well no candy) within reason. Its white now. I'm looking for some advice / options. I'd like it to have a unique stripe / decal on it something to make it my own. 2 tone? what colors, I was thinking Fords Ruby Red or Fords new color Bronze Fire but its just a thought. I can't seem to come up with a definitive answer. I know that when I / We do come up with a color it will hit me in the face and be a no brainer. So any thoughts would be great and keep in mind the sky isn't the limit. If I could afford it I would probably have it painted Blood Red Candy or Candy Apple Red.

• Sponsors (?)

What color is your interior? Chrome wheels? Post a pic of the car? Doing a two stage or single stage paint job? DIY or professional paint job?
I have all black interior with 17 inch chrome saleen wheels(possibly plastidip black one day), Bc /Cc , Professional paint job with professional booth/materials. I have a white 90 hatch. Here are a few pics of how it looks. Minus the new wheels are not on yet.

20140825_170719.jpg

20140725_224902.jpg

20150313_165255.jpg

I kind of agree with @RangerJoe . Doing radical color changes to a car is often done poorly and you can just glance inside your cowl and see the color your car used to be.

The way to do a color change is to strip your car completely bare like raceohlic330 did and paint it inside and out. If you don't do that then at least the minimum would have to be removing the engine and paint the engine bay, remove hood,fenders, doors, windows, hatch and both bumpers and detrimming EVERYTHING before shooting it. You paint job should cost you no less than 6k easy if they're doing it right unless you do a lot of the work yourself like @elarm1 did.

Now that I'm done with my color change rant, on to your questions.

I love two tone cars if they're done right and I also love black wheels. I like this Fox although it's a GT.

2-tone-fox-021.jpg

I also love @25thmustang two tone car with the black over gold theme and 18's

I kind of agree with @RangerJoe . Doing radical color changes to a car is often done poorly and you can just glance inside your cowl and see the color your car used to be.

The way to do a color change is to strip your car completely bare like raceohlic330 did and paint it inside and out. If you don't do that then at least the minimum would have to be removing the engine and paint the engine bay, remove hood,fenders, doors, windows, hatch and both bumpers and detrimming EVERYTHING before shooting it. You paint job should cost you no less than 6k easy if they're doing it right unless you do a lot of the work yourself like @elarm1 did.
Well, I work at the rail road now and for the last 7 years, but before that I painted cars for a living at collision shops and dealerships around Detroit Mi. Anyone ever heard of the Cadillac 16? The company I worked for built that car from a mathematical equation and welded 2 454's big blocks together to make the V-16. I painted several parts of the "ivory interior" while I rubbed the complete vehicle after paint. Here is the car
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtPNUVaIBVs
. It is a concept car and I worked at a place called Special Projects in eary 2000 and we built this car for Bob Lutz. Im just saying I do have an idea when it comes to paint.

Now that I'm done with my color change rant, on to your questions.

I love two tone cars if they're done right and I also love black wheels. I like this Fox although it's a GT.

2-tone-fox-021.jpg

I also love @25thmustang two tone car with the black over gold theme and 18's
I almost bought one just like this in MI. I went to look at it and it had shaved handles (that didnt work) it wouldnt start (cause of the battery he said) and it overheated cause it needed a flush(he said). But it have a Novi 1k on it... So I drove 2 hours to look at it.. and didnt even take it for a test drive! But the paint looked good..

At one time I will say I used to paint the heck outta some cars. I worked for custom 10k + a paint job and I worked for a dealership making pretty good money every week. I know what a good quality paint job is and what the labor entails. I have rubbed concept cars with 9 coats of clear so they look straight under lights.

So basically just tell me some colors or color combo's you think look good.. Like orange lower with black upper or platinum upper with black lower.. or Black with grey racing 12 inch stripes... Just some ideas I will see to the quality control.

Ruby red metallic is awesome, my body shop told me it costs more than HOK candy right now or it would be on mine.

Find a body shop and have them spray out some samples... how can we tell you what color(s) to like?

Black over a burgundy metallic. If going with a black I always think it looks better on top instead of the lower portion. Especially with black wheels. I also think a silver/blue combo would look cool(with the right tints)

Reactions: 1 user