What comes next month after employee pricing?

Tim From Clevel

Dec 15, 2008
So within the next week I am picking up an 09' stang. I am wondering if anyone had any insight on what Ford is planning to do after employee pricing which ends on Jan. 5th? 0% financing perhaps? Giving them away free?? If anyone has any thoughts or inside info it would help out alot! I am trying to decide if I should wait till the incentives change.

• Sponsors (?)

manufacturers dont like to leak future incentives. even dealers wont know for sure till the 6th, when the current offers have expired.

I work at a big Ford dealer, and we don't get new incentive info until the day they start. But, here's my guess based on 9 years experience working with Ford....

Employee Pricing will probably end, as scheduled on Jan 5th. However, Ford will increase the rebates to compensate so the net deal will be similar.

Might even be a better deal on Jan 6th if dealers discount leftover 08's and 09's below invoice (close to the employee price) and a bigger rebate becomes available from Ford.

I want Ford to do well but for me to pick up a new 2009 GT Premium Coupe I'll probably need a $5k rebate. I doubt that will happen but my year end bonus wasn't what I expected so without some big help from Ford, I'll have to wait until summer when I'll have some cash saved up. I guess we'll all find out in a few more days.

Greg

Employee Pricing will probably end, as scheduled on Jan 5th. However, Ford will increase the rebates to compensate so the net deal will be similar.

Might even be a better deal on Jan 6th if dealers discount leftover 08's and 09's below invoice (close to the employee price) and a bigger rebate becomes available from Ford.

given GM's current predicament and increasing desperation, I'd look for Ford to follow them in raising their rebates and offering Zero % loans again ...

ironically, some of the same s*it that got them both in trouble to begin with. :crazy:

Friends dont let friends wear bowties

given GM's current predicament and increasing desperation, I'd look for Ford to follow them in raising their rebates and offering Zero % loans again ...

ironically, some of the same s*it that got them both in trouble to begin with.

Why should Ford get desperate and raise rebates just because of "GM's current predicament"? Your argument doesn't sound well founded.

Now, if Ford was in a world of hurt, then it would make sense to prop up sales somehow (i.e. rebates).

I want Ford to do well but for me to pick up a new 2009 GT Premium Coupe I'll probably need a $5k rebate. I doubt that will happen but my year end bonus wasn't what I expected so without some big help from Ford, I'll have to wait until summer when I'll have some cash saved up. I guess we'll all find out in a few more days.

Greg

Greg, you're in luck. Come visit the dealership I work for. All of our remaining new 2009 Mustang GT Premium Coupes are currently $4,200 to $5,300 below MSRP after our discount and the Ford cash & credit rebates. The more heavily equipped GT's have bigger discounts (more profit to be given away).

Just a heads up to all that I talked to my sales guy and he let me know they are extending employee pricing. He did not say how long they are extending it for but just a bit of info for anyone who is looking to pick up a car soon.