What Complete exhaust set up?

rd02gt

Mar 23, 2004
Brea, CA
WEll i have bbk headers to the cats but then nothing from there? lol when i bouhgt the car thats how it was :nonono: I live in cali so i need to worrie about smog but i want as much hp as possable. Can i go long tube headers and what is the hp difference of long and short? and i want to go 3 inch all the way and would a catted x pipe be a good ivestment just give me as much input as possable! thank you :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I vote for Bassani Quiet Thunder cat back and x pipe with cats. DO NOT toss away your stock H-pipe. Sometimes in Cali they're anal about that and you might need to put it back in from time to time for inspection. The Quiet Thunder has a great sound and they have removable tail pipe inserts that you can install for inspection as well (to meet the EPAs new noise standard). The inserts are push in and pull out and have just one screw that holds them in when installed.

So do you think that i should have my unkle weld in some muffelers into cutom 3 inch piping? or should i get cat back? and my main question is.. should i keep the shorty headers or should i go for long tubes? THANX

rd02gt said:
WEll i have bbk headers to the cats but then nothing from there? lol when i bouhgt the car thats how it was :nonono: I live in cali so i need to worrie about smog but i want as much hp as possable. Can i go long tube headers and what is the hp difference of long and short? and i want to go 3 inch all the way and would a catted x pipe be a good ivestment just give me as much input as possable! thank you :nice:

I vote Magnaflow!
Unless you are looking for LOUD--Flowmasters they are not...

I don't know what the rest of your setup is or what your final goal is so I don't know about the long tubes. What I can tell you is that if you put on long tubes you won't be able to reintall your stock H pipe and cats for smog inspection (that could be bad since some inspectors get a bug in their arse about aftermarket cats in cali). As far as having your uncle weld up some thre inch well... if you exceed the 95 decible limit on the inspection lane then you won't pass inpection either (find out for sure if they're testing for noise levels in your area before doing something like that).