Suspension What damage am I looking at?

It looks like the balljoint gave up in protest of all that brake dust.

he will die for sure.
if not from this shortcoming, the next one.

OP: get it on an alignment rack yet? I'd be willing to bet, at minimum, the paper straw inner tie rod has a nice bend in it with the LCA allowed to go all willy-nilly where it pleases.

• Sponsors (?)

The bolt atop the ball joint is what gave way. It stripped and popped right off.sheering the cotter pin. The lip of the arm had cause the rotor dust shield behind both. Ask making contact with inside of rotor. No damage to the surface. I put a new bolt on the ball joint and its good now.

Wait. This is just now sinking in. Do this: Go look at the A-arm on the other side, where the balljoint sits. Now look at the side that broke. Now go back to the good side. Now go back to the broken one. Now, do you really think that an A-arm, which is in constant spring pressure (hence why it pulled the nut right the :leghump: off), is "all good" when it's only really being held in place by a pubic hair and a prayer?

Even if the grease fitting on the bottom of the ball joint did not slam up through the bottom and push the ball stud portion of the joint up (which it looks like in the picture to me) the castle nut looks like the threads got ripped out right under the threads of where the pin goes through, so for the love of god DO NOT try and reuse that ball joint, and in my opinion i would not reuse that control arm either. U just had a couple hundred pounds just drop on it basically, and that can tend to either crack or at least weaken steel, so if it were my car i would not trust that control arm what so ever, unless you only drive under 5 mph and less than 20 feet with that car