What did you do to your classic Mustang today?

• Sponsors (?)

Nothing today. But I drove it all weekend. Actually, ever since my heads/cam swap, I'm always in this car unless I'm going to/from work.

I went to a car show Saturday, but didn't enter it. I parked close though, and when I cranked it up and drove off everyone in the place was staring at it. Then on the way home a truck came up next to me and the lady in the passenger seat was taking pictures of it. People stare at it everywhere I go.

I can't imagine how people will react when it's painted.

Unpacked the front end rebuild kit that the man in brown delivered 2 days ago, looked for a new spedo cable and rear leafs but since today is homcoming for the 16yr old owner - all this will probably have to wait until next weekend to actually install....

He is one lucky boy, his date AND her parents think his car is pretty cool.

Replaced the rear leaf springs and eliminated the extended shackles that the PO had put on there to counter the sag of 45 years. she sits perfect again and no ugly shackles hanging down.

I put in a new temp sending unit, now all my guages work again. Took it for a 30 mile drive. I still dont have 100 miles on this engine build. Im so happy to be behind the wheel after 4 years. I dont have the headers on yet but it still sounds mean. Trying to find the timing advance that it likes because I live at 8000 ft elevation.

Didn't really do anything to it, but took it for a drive yesterday, me and the wife went and grabbed a burger from Dairy Queen. Love me some Dairy Queen!

Okay, enough about driving. I promise the next time I post in this thread will be after I worked on it again. Probably a strut rod bushing change, or piddling with the carb.

I do have a nitrous kit that needs to be installed.

I adjusted on fender/hood gaps. I was initially shooting for perfection, now im shooting for what I can live with! Installed my front valance, now the car has all its panels back on it! Next is to work on those pesky rear quarter extensions and trunk alignment...