WHAT DO U THINK ABOUT THE 05 MUSTANG???

• Sponsors (?)

redfire_GT_NC said:
I have seen the 05 mustang up close and on the road. The car to me is a pretty nice car but just doesnt seem like a mustang. I was wandering what everyone else thought about the 05 mustang????

:scratch:

To me it looks MORE like a Mustang than any Stang built since 1970. :drool:

LilHog said:
It looks to me like Ford has a big hit on their hands with the new mustang GT. I've been looking at the early arrivals at my local dealers and they are very impressive. They are all dressed up with leather and nice wheels and most of the colors are good. Im personally waiting until February to place and order for one that will suit my tastes, or maybe by then I can find one on a dealers lot that is exactly what I want. And that would be..........................

05 Silver GT
5 Speed Manual
Dark Cloth Int. /IUP
Dark Bullitt Wheels
Shaker 500 Audio
Security System

Has anyone seen my dream Stang..............??? :flag:

hehe... I just picked up your stang from RYE, FORD this past week. Go to forddirect.com build your ford then choose 10573 zip code to search the inventory... I own that GT :D

Just for the record, my daughter turns 30 next week. This 'younger' crowd just sees it doing the same thing they all do - getting bigger/fatter as the years go by. I wish they'd get over the back seat - it's useless/unused by most as a practical matter, and build the Stang into a smaller, 2800 lb. car -- with the same 300HP. I'd get interested in that - no matter what it looked like.

I went to the dealer who had 3 in his lot. I really like the exterior. A thumbs up to Ford on that.
However, I was disappointed in the dash. I would of liked white face modern gages. The speedometer and tach looked out of date to me. I know they wanted to have a retro look but I would've like a modern layout.

Doug

PerformanceRed said:
It doesn't seem like a Mustang maybe because it doesn't have the aggressive look of a Mustang. It needs some hood and side scoops and more aggressive looking rims. Other than that, the body style is really nice looking and the horsepower is excellent. :nice:

Or maybe it doesn't seem like a Mustang because it's not based off of a POS chassis from 1978. :shrug:

I LOVE MY 05 GT

I think the hood scoop would look better but i love mine and have no prob with it and it doesn't lack power at all........just waiting for the steeda stang to come out :banana:

Quote, "The car to me is a pretty nice car but just doesnt seem like a mustang."

Funny, that's what I've been saying since 1971... :bang:

I mean, first we got the lard-butt abomination that was the 71-73 yacht, because the GMC General Manager came to Ford and brought his bigger is better mentality.

Then we got the 1970's Mustang II girl's car.

And then the Foxes, even the decent ones, just never were Mustang's to me. I mean, you look at the last 2 facelifts and IMHO, if Toyota had designed and marketed them with hot V6 engines, they would have fit right in to their product line.

IMHO, the '05 Mustang is the best looking Mustang since the 1970 Mach 1 and Boss 302. I've been waiting over 30 years for Ford to make a real Mustang again, and now they finally have. As a 45 year old man who has been searching for a domestic v8 RWD sedan along the lines of an Impala SS, (I REALLY wish Ford would build the 427 Concept!), I have finally found a v8 RWD car that I can get as excited about as the red 1968 California Special I had to sell back in 1982.

Maybe you have to be over 35 to really appreciate this car. But I don't think so. :flag:

IMHO

front 3/4 of car = Genuine Mustang Beauty :hail2:
read 1/4 panel/fin = Honda Accord Coupe :notnice:
rear end = undecided :shrug:

Needs Visible Mods on rear 1/4:
Rear end lowered
wide 18's

Color Missing:
Dark shadow gray

Can't deal with it. I GREW up with late 60s and 70 Stangs. I loved them.

The 05s look big, fat and square in comparison. The interior is horrible...big, square, open. :scratch:

I said it before...It's not a sports car anymore Dorothy. :(

Michael Yount said:
Just for the record, my daughter turns 30 next week. This 'younger' crowd just sees it doing the same thing they all do - getting bigger/fatter as the years go by. I wish they'd get over the back seat - it's useless/unused by most as a practical matter, and build the Stang into a smaller, 2800 lb. car -- with the same 300HP. I'd get interested in that - no matter what it looked like.

Thats not a mustang thats a Corvette. A mustang built to that weight would cast over 40k. Its not gonna happen.

Even the Corvette is a good 400-500 lbs. heavier than my target weight. I don't care what they call it - it would need to be NOTICEABLY smaller than the current Mustang/GTO/Corvette contingent. And that price tag wouldn't scare me off. But 3800-4000 lbs. at any price - hard to be 'sporty' when you're hauling around that kind of baggage no matter how much power you have. We're one model away from entering Impala SS terrritory without the extra doors and useful trunk/back seat. That's embarrassing...but, just my opinion. That's why I didn't order one and you did. And given your list of other cars, I'm sure you're gonna like it - so have fun!

Not everyone is going to agree and not one person is 100 percent correct. We all have our opinions and that's all they are, opinions. So, here's mine. Ford is much smarter than you are giving them credit for. First off, they built a modern version of the fastback, hence getting the attention of the older crowd. The fit and finish is incredible. It's power ourput and handling should be more than enough to suit the younger crowd. Now a lot of people are saying it's too plain. I disagree but if Ford made it perfect, the way most people would want it to be, then the aftermarket wouldn't be able to create anything unique to add to it. Saleen wouldn't be making money if it looked perfect already, hence Ford would be losing out because Saleen wouldn't be purchasing cars from them to mod. The same goes with roush and so forth. The Cobra is fords little moded specialty car, just like saleen, roush, you name it. Everyone likes different things, so Ford made a basic design KNOWING that people would mold it/mod it into something else. The designers are ingenious, but that's just my OPINION. :D

Michael Yount said:
Even the Corvette is a good 400-500 lbs. heavier than my target weight. I don't care what they call it - it would need to be NOTICEABLY smaller than the current Mustang/GTO/Corvette contingent. And that price tag wouldn't scare me off. But 3800-4000 lbs. at any price - hard to be 'sporty' when you're hauling around that kind of baggage no matter how much power you have. We're one model away from entering Impala SS terrritory without the extra doors and useful trunk/back seat. That's embarrassing...but, just my opinion. That's why I didn't order one and you did. And given your list of other cars, I'm sure you're gonna like it - so have fun!

It sounds more like you want something like the lotus elise. Not that it is a bad car or anything. Just sound more like something you'd rather have.

SVT - 2800 is HEAVY by Lotus standards. :) No -- I know what I want, and it's not a Lotus thanks very much. I'd like a domestic manufacturer to build a smaller, lighter weight, V8 powered sports car. But it probably won't happen, so I'll keep mixing/matching.