what do you guys think a used t56 is worth?

• Sponsors (?)

do you guys think that the swap to a t56, is one that is worth the time and money? my t5 has 161k on it and is starting to get harder into gear, so i do not think that it has much left in it. my plans for the car are a very mild 331 sometime next year. would a 6 speed be a good matchup? i am leaning towards this because i know i would be able to score this tranny pretty cheap.
any input is appreciated.
thanks

will the 04 cobra t56 even fit? maybe it will fit but you might need a different bellhousing, then you might have to redo your exhaust also, lot of little things that adds up
imo i would do a geforce t5
but a t56 would be sweet if it was viper spec with the 0.5 6th gear

You'd need a bellhousing, crossmember/mount, shorter driveshaft, and some other odds and ends. I say it depends on just how 'cheap' you can get that tranny. The stock 10 spline input shafts on 03-04 Cobra T56s aren't so great. You can get a 26 spline from someone like Liberty gear. They're about $200-250 IIRC. You could always upgrade 5th and 6th gear to Viper spec too if you wanted. Keep in mind T56s are much heavier than your T5 too, if weight concerns you.

+1 to what sage2k said about little things adding up. This TKO swap is never ending.

yea, thanks for the input guys. i am definintly doing a great amount of research on the topic before i dive into anything. i am still on the fence about where i want to exactly go with my car. so until i get my plan down, i am not buying a thing.