What do you guys think?? Good Buy??

I found this today. Lets assume that it is in great mechanical and cosmetic condition. I called the guy and left a message for him. By the way, the sale of my Explorer MAY be finalized tomorrow. **Crosses fingers**

888558872.164680473.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Price $14,400
Mileage 49,000
Exterior Color Black
Interior Color Black
Body Style Coupe
Doors Two Door
Engine 8 Cylinder Gasoline
Trans. Manual
Fuel Type Gasoline
Drive Type 2 wheel drive
VIN 1FAFP47V3XF159199

Comments
1999 COBRA IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. NEVER SEEN WINTER. GARAGE KEPT. MOTORSPORT HEADERS, BASSANI CAT-BACK EXHAUST, 4:10 GEARS, PRO-M MASS AIR, KONI ADJUSTABLE REAR SUSPENSION, ALUMINUM DRIVESHAFT, SHIFTER, TINTED WINDOWS, NEW MOTORSPORT CLUTCH, NEW NITTO REAR TIRES.

***EDITED!!!!***

I just talked to the guy. He just lowered the price $1500 and he has a guy from Iowa flying in this weekend to see it...or so he says anyways. He said that the car has run a 13.01 on street tires and he just put Nitto drag radials on it. He also said the the mods were all done by the first owner (he's the second) 2.5 years ago (he has had it for 2 years) and the car dynoed at 323 rwhp when the mods were done and the dyno tune was performed. He has receipts for all the mod parts and labor too. He also has the dyno pulls from late 99 when it hit 290+rwhp and the last one at 323rwhp. He says that he is selling the car to help with funds for building a new house. The guy live 2 miles from me, so I am going to take "spirited" test drive, and maybe give him $100.00 to hold the car. By the way, the couple that is buying my Explorer, just called me to see if we can get this finalized and finished tomorrow. So, wish me luck.

• Sponsors (?)

streetstang03 said:
Looks pretty good to me! Cant beat a 99 Cobra for 13000!!!!! check it out and scoop it up if its a solid car!!!

No no, it WAS $15,900, and is NOW $14,400.

I am going to take it for a test drive tonight, check the fluids, etc and then I am going to talk the guy into letting me take it to my godfather's shop (he's an ASE master mechanic) so that he can do a full "once-over" and get it on the diagnostic machine and what have you. Thanks for the input guys.

Just listen to then engine. Also see if he'll let you do a small burnout to make sure the diff is still good, the 99 is kinda weak stock (or so I hear).

Sounds like a steal man. Also look where he stores the car and look for fluids on the ground/stained cement, just a thought.

check to see that everything under the hood looks good and clean. check the air filter, and ALL fluids. look under the car and backside of body panels to look for evidence of any body work. giveaways to having body damage are overspray in wheelwells and on the exhaust pipes etc..... Like Red said, listen to the motor as you drive it. Roll the windows down and keep the radio off while you're driving it. Just check the overall condition of the car too and ask about his driving habits.

Anyways, I took the car for a ride. The car is in MINT condition, clutch is tight as hell, 49,000 miles and it still has the factory brakes, paint is great, leather looks like it's never been sat in, oil was clean, no leaks what s ever, exhaust was nearly climatic :lol:, the Nitto's out back grip like a MOFO, and that bitch just LAUNCHES. I ran it up over 140mph WITH the owner in the passenger seat and he was like "you planning on having some fun with this car?" :lol: I will probably put a $100 desposit on it tomorrow. He had NO PROBLEM WHAT SO EVER with me getting it checked out by my mechanic. This Cobra will probably be mine VERY soon.

Kevin2811 said:
If you like it and think it is what you want, get it! If it makes you happy...who gives a **** what anybody else thinks :D If it makes you feel better, look on autotrader to see what similar (if there are any) cars are priced.

After I get the sale of my truck done (a few more hours) I will give him a call to let him know he has to hold the car...because I'm buying it. I'm pretty excited, but at the same time I am going to hate seeing my baby drive away today. :cry: