Neon Lights under Stangs

• Yes

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 26 92.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey, thats just my opinion, what do you really care what I think?:shrug:
I just stick to my own thing & if nobody likes it then, I could care less!:rlaugh:
To each his own but in my opinion neons dont belong on a mustang unless
your a ricer.:nono:

• Sponsors (?)

gmkillr said:
Hey, thats just my opinion, what do you really care what I think?:shrug:
I just stick to my own thing & if nobody likes it then, I could care less!:rlaugh:
To each his own but in my opinion neons dont belong on a mustang unless
your a ricer.:nono:

Personally speaking, i actually like to know why people think the way they do. that's why i ask ;)

i figured, there's always a reason behind every thought, even if it's not the most organized one.

but you're right... do what you want, and ignore the thoughts of others.
but who doesn't like praise every once in awhile.

Personally, i wouldn't mind having white neons under my black convertible but i am not sure if i would really want to or not. Also it is ur opinion on your car and if you want then i support it and if not i support that. if anyone has some good neon lights for stangs post them and we'll see how they look. Also caldwell you would have to study PYSHCOLOGY OR PHILOSOPHY to understand why people think they do and even then you probably wouldn't know. I have studied both and there really isn't any right answer for that.

MysteryMachine said:
If i listened to what everybody said on here m car wouldn't be lime green so **** what they think. And just because I have neons don't make me gay. And your "not a mustang guy" is bull**** because I am a mustang guy. Just because I choose to be different on some things don't make me any different then anybody else on the damn forum
Every good rule needs at least one exception. And you are it MystryMachine. But otherwise the rule is clear, neons = ghey = not a Mustang guy.

I couldnt bear to read some of the posts, but it seems like it's also about how something is done and how the lights are used.

I've known of some folks who had (by definition) ricey components, but the way they were integrated or utilized made it clear that they were not meant to be ricey.

I think the stuff kinda has to be evaluated on the car as a whole.

My stang is pretty clean, I mean...seriously....check out how everything flows...

View attachment 483242

I've also got NOS and 3 turbos....

no really I hate undercarriage lighting on ricers...I think it could be done tastefully on a car with a well taken care of undercarriage, just so you can look under your car at night and admire your offroad h-pipe and such...

Aaron clearly read my mind and knew what I meant about integrating all the parts so it doesnt seem ricey. :rlaugh:
Wow, it's hard to know which part is most disgusting on that car. It could be used by poison control to help people induce vomiting.

GRGT1994 said:
Every good rule needs at least one exception. And you are it MystryMachine. But otherwise the rule is clear, neons = ghey = not a Mustang guy.
Not sure if thats a compliment or you being a smart ass. Its all in how you do it. People have said before I should have used a different color. I totally disagree I hate the look of say a red car with blue neons it looks way gay. i think you should stick with the car color.

Again I will say Paul's (gcomfx) car looks hot in the burnout pic with his neons on.

And just notinced on that pic Aaron posted that dude put mustang on his door windows :shrug: why the **** would you do that. Well i guess thats the question for the whole car

Caldwell said:
and that's definitely respectable. I would classify you as a worthy stanger by every means.
I'm on my 2nd mustang right now, and now, we'll see what ford brings us in 2010-2011 when their next line comes out to see if my next car is a stang.
but if that's your definition then i think you're right on the money.

then my next question is, is it possible to put on ricer tails, glowing neons and lambo doors on a stang and still be considered a stanger if they still follow under your definition?
Caldwell.........................you are so being a cross between Hanibal Lector and Tony Robbins..............lead them on my brother.........drop that Art degree and head for Psych.........LOL.....On topic.....I never thought I would paint calipers but I got bored and they showed too much to leave alone....
I have dragon seat covers and catch all kind of "ricer" comments but no-one ever asks why? Could be because my son's name is Drake and I love Dragons.
Oh well, until people make the payment on it I could care less...but I have seen some pretty cheap stuff on them........anything tastefully done is alright.

drakesdad said:
Caldwell.........................you are so being a cross between Hanibal Lector and Tony Robbins..............lead them on my brother.........drop that Art degree and head for Psych.........LOL.....On topic.....I never thought I would paint calipers but I got bored and they showed too much to leave alone....
I have dragon seat covers and catch all kind of "ricer" comments but no-one ever asks why? Could be because my son's name is Drake and I love Dragons.
Oh well, until people make the payment on it I could care less...but I have seen some pretty cheap stuff on them........anything tastefully done is alright.

hahah... a mix between psych and art, i think worlds would collide. but at the same time it's fun to pick the brains of a stangnet'er every once in awhile ;)

and you're right... it's your cash. if you feel like buying a tempo and dropping in a turbo kit with NAAAS, that's your beef ;)

if its done tastefully, i like it. i wanted to do pretty much the same thing with my red mustang as gcomfx did with his. clean looking... if the whole car is lit up like Clark Griswold's house on Christmas eve, then no.

I think it depends on your phase in life and what you like at the time. I put white neons on my car when I was 19 since I thought white was not so "neon" and it went with my car. But now I'm 24 and I think I just grew out of it. I took them out a few months ago after realizing I haven't turned them on in the longest time. I still think they looked ok when I did it, but I wouldn't put them back on now. My tastes are very different now.

I think a lot of people's opinions are based too much on "ricers". Maybe they like something, but would never install it on their car because it's "rice". Like clear corners, I still occasionally hear people call them "rice". Just because some kids put them on their Civics does not make you gay for putting them on your car. I say do whatever the hell you like to your car and if other people bitch about it being rice just kick them square in the nuts. :) Besides, if you're really worried about what people on the internet think of your car then maybe you should seek help.

My opinion on neons: I don't think neons are "rice", it's how they're used that defines the level of "riceness". I think the standard 4 piece under car kit looks good, maybe add a couple smaller pieces in the interior, like maybe under the dash or seat. Now if you have eleventy billion neons on the car, that might classify as "rice". Would I install them on my car? Yes, if there weren't other things I would rather spend $120ish for.

Low-5.0 said:
My opinion on neons: I don't think neons are "rice", it's how they're used that defines the level of "riceness". I think the standard 4 piece under car kit looks good, maybe add a couple smaller pieces in the interior, like maybe under the dash or seat. Now if you have eleventy billion neons on the car, that might classify as "rice". Would I install them on my car? Yes, if there weren't other things I would rather spend $120ish for.

What if I put neons in the genes of my pigs...?:shrug:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4605202.stm

Is that rice?

View attachment 483042