What do you guys think?

tjmaxx

Jun 21, 2004
I am thinking of selling my daily driver which is a 1996 Nissan 200sx auto 1.6 4 cyl. 145,000k miles on it. Last time I did the oil change when I jacked it up I went to pop the hood but the hood would not pop. So I get looking and I notice the front end looks pushed up to where the grill has no space between the hood and the hood is up about an inch. So I thought maybe someone bumped into me in a parking lot or something kinda made me mad, but I lower it back down and try and pop the hood again this time it works no problem. So I get to looking and the front end of my chassis I guess thats what it would be is pretty rusted and rotting and when I jack the car up it pushes the whole font end up probably two inches. I couldnt figure out how this happend to a 1996. So today I go to check the oil and the hood wont pop. It looks like the front end is pushed up again but is stuck like that. The only thing I can think is, I had the exhaust replaced not even a month ago and when they put it on the lift it must have happend, I dont know. So I am stuck I cant get my hood up which mean when I need an oil change I wont be able to until I find a way to get it up. There is some rust inside by the doors and also on the fender with a pretty bad paint job. Do you guys think I should try to sell it for like $2,000 when I fix the hood and look for a new daily driver or should I stick with this car? Keep inmind I dont have a ton of money and only make $9 an hour. Sorry for the long post but I am angry with it.

• Sponsors (?)

are you sure the body flex isnt the cuplrit of not being able to open a hood? or can you not even open the hood when the car is on flat pavement?

id run it into the ground(keep driving it till it blows up). or remove the hood forcefully and dont put it back, and still run it into the ground.

Sounds like its flexing alot. I tried to shut the doors on an older Ferrarie when it was up on jacks (partially rebuilding the rear end) and they wouldnt shut due to the unibody being too flexy. Back on all 4 tires and it was just fine.

Last time I did a oil change on it about two months ago it was fine as long as it was on all fours. Now it wont even pop on all fours. I think I will just run it to the ground and in the mean time put some money away for a new one. I want my next Daily Driver to be a little fast too. I was looking at like a 95ish Trans Am because you can find them for around $6000 in decent shape and then my Mustang can still be my toy.

No way, I love Mustangs. I just like Trans Am's enough to drive one everyday and let the miles rack up on it. Plus with the mods the Mustang has it would have more torque anyway. Plus I love manuel and would have to get an auto so the girlfriend could drive it sometimes. I would rather get another stang but would hate to see one rack up miles and be out in the rain and snow.

Well it looks like I have a new choice. I either keep my 200sx or I can give it to my sister and take my dads 1993 Toyota pick up truck. The pick up is an extended cab, 4x4, 6 cyl. 5spd. The only down side is it has 210,000 miles on it and it only gets 20mpg and my 200sx has seen 32mpg.