What do you think of these wheels...

r22tech

Nov 6, 2004
atlanta
I would like opinions about these wheels. They are forged and can be had in 18" or 19" and cost about $450 each. Are they appropriate for a MustangGT or are they a little ricey? Can anyone recommend an alternative? My preference would be forged and have a silver or polished lip with a gunmetal or charcoal-like center.

Attachments

• ssrcomp2.bmp
    66.3 KB · Views: 245
  • Sponsors (?)

sorry about that...file was too big. They are SSR Competition Semi-Solid Forged Wheels and the attachment is in the original post now. I will reference the TIRE RACK for the picture as that is where I have seen them.

Not bad. Personally I think I'd want wheels that at least gave a nod to the 60s. I think some Halibrands would look cool.

halib.jpg

r22tech said:
I would like opinions about these wheels. They are forged and can be had in 18" or 19" and cost about $450 each. Are they appropriate for a MustangGT or are they a little ricey? Can anyone recommend an alternative? My preference would be forged and have a silver or polished lip with a gunmetal or charcoal-like center.
Check out this link, dont know if they have the rims you want, but you can see the rims on the actual car. http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gar...toModel=Mustang+GT&autoYear=2005&autoModClar=

Personally I think that the wheels by themselves look rice, but I would think it would throw off the look of the new stangs because they are retro look, unless you go with something like the 3D carbon body so it looks more race like or even drift (drift is still rice look) but at least it would go better with those wheels. I think if you want something with that look, I personally think something in 5 spoke and maybe thicker spokes would agree more with the car. But thats my oppinion since you asked, but like I told my friend who is into ricers, it's your car, if you like it then do it, why do you care what others think unless you actually dont like it and your just trying to impress people or fit in.

rrobello said:
Personally I think that the wheels by themselves look rice, but I would think it would throw off the look of the new stangs because they are retro look, unless you go with something like the 3D carbon body so it looks more race like or even drift (drift is still rice look) but at least it would go better with those wheels. I think if you want something with that look, I personally think something in 5 spoke and maybe thicker spokes would agree more with the car. But thats my oppinion since you asked, but like I told my friend who is into ricers, it's your car, if you like it then do it, why do you care what others think unless you actually dont like it and your just trying to impress people or fit in.

The wheels are very similar to the Cobra R wheels except 6 spokes and lighter and stronger.

Attachments

• cobrarwheel.bmp
    10.1 KB · Views: 121
I said I thought they looked rice, because they would look better with 5 spokes like the Cobra R Y2K wheels that you pointed out, which by the way I like and I also said I feel that they don't flow with the retro look of the car (feel same about Cobra wheels), not just hate the wheels. I actually like a lot of wheels that I wouldnt put on the new stang, but again that is my preference like I stated in my original post.